Progress in Service Sector Productivity Measurement: Review Article on "Productivity in the U.S. Services Sector: New Sources of Economic Growth"
Measurement of productivity in the service sector has always represented a challenge for economists. "Productivity in the U.S. Services Sector: New Sources of Economic Growth", by Jack Triplett and Barry Bosworth from the Brookings Institution is reviewed. The authors have produced a textbook on the different types of measurement error that will force economists to take their empirical estimates with a considerable dose of caution. Both economic statisticians and policy makers will find the book invaluable.
Volume (Year): 11 (2005)
Issue (Month): (Fall)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 151 Slater Street, Suite 710, Ottawa, ON K1P 5H3|
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.csls.ca Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diewart, W Erwin & Morrison, Catherine J, 1986.
"Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 659-679, September.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade," NBER Working Papers 1564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert J. Gordon, 1988. "The Productivity Slowdown, Measurement Issues, and the Explosion of Computer Power," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 347-432.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Functional Form Problems in Modeling Insurance and Gambling," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 20(1), pages 135-150, June.
- Brian Moyer & Marshall Reinsdorf & Robert Yuskavage, 2005. "Aggregation Issues in Integrating and Accelerating BEA's Accounts: Improved Methods for Calculating GDP by Industry," NBER Working Papers 11073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2006. "Comment on "Aggregation Issues in Integrating and Accelerating the BEA," NBER Chapters,in: A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, pages 287-308 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ipmsls:v:11:y:2005:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.