Renewable Energy Deployment in Ghana: The Hype, Hope and Reality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duku, Moses Hensley & Gu, Sai & Hagan, Essel Ben, 2011. "A comprehensive review of biomass resources and biofuels potential in Ghana," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 404-415, January.
- Ishmael Ackah & Frank Adu & Richard Opoku Takyi, 2014. "On The Demand Dynamics of Electricity in Ghana: Do Exogenous Non-Economic Variables Count?," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 149-153.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li Yang & Sumaiya Bashiru Danwana & Issahaku Fadilul-lah Yassaanah, 2021. "An Empirical Study of Renewable Energy Technology Acceptance in Ghana Using an Extended Technology Acceptance Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(19), pages 1-19, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ba, Birome Holo & Prins, Christian & Prodhon, Caroline, 2016. "Models for optimization and performance evaluation of biomass supply chains: An Operations Research perspective," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(P2), pages 977-989.
- Mohammed, Y.S. & Mustafa, M.W. & Bashir, N., 2013. "Status of renewable energy consumption and developmental challenges in Sub-Sahara Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 453-463.
- Ackom, Emmanuel K. & Alemagi, Dieudonne & Ackom, Nana B. & Minang, Peter A. & Tchoundjeu, Zac, 2013. "Modern bioenergy from agricultural and forestry residues in Cameroon: Potential, challenges and the way forward," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 101-113.
- Asante, Dennis & He, Zheng & Adjei, Nana Osae & Asante, Bismark, 2020. "Exploring the barriers to renewable energy adoption utilising MULTIMOORA- EDAS method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Zalengera, Collen & Blanchard, Richard E. & Eames, Philip C. & Juma, Alnord M. & Chitawo, Maxon L. & Gondwe, Kondwani T., 2014. "Overview of the Malawi energy situation and A PESTLE analysis for sustainable development of renewable energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 335-347.
- Duku, Moses Hensley & Gu, Sai & Hagan, Essel Ben, 2011. "Biochar production potential in Ghana—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3539-3551.
- Ullah, Kifayat & Kumar Sharma, Vinod & Dhingra, Sunil & Braccio, Giacobbe & Ahmad, Mushtaq & Sofia, Sofia, 2015. "Assessing the lignocellulosic biomass resources potential in developing countries: A critical review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 682-698.
- Kwakwa, Paul Adjei, 2014. "Energy-growth nexus and energy demand in Ghana: A review of empirical studies," MPRA Paper 54971, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2014.
- Nii Nelson & Jo Darkwa & John Calautit & Mark Worall & Robert Mokaya & Eunice Adjei & Francis Kemausuor & Julius Ahiekpor, 2021. "Potential of Bioenergy in Rural Ghana," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Kwakwa, Paul Adjei, 2015. "An investigation into the determinants of hydropower generation in Ghana," MPRA Paper 68033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ackah, Ishmael, 2015. "Investing in the cheapest form of energy: efficiency practices of SMEs in rural Ghana," MPRA Paper 65332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berhanu, Mesfin & Jabasingh, S. Anuradha & Kifile, Zebene, 2017. "Expanding sustenance in Ethiopia based on renewable energy resources – A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 1035-1045.
- Michael Acheampong & Qiuyan Yu & Funda Cansu Ertem & Lucy Deba Enomah Ebude & Shakhawat Tanim & Michael Eduful & Mehrdad Vaziri & Erick Ananga, 2019. "Is Ghana Ready to Attain Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Number 7?—A Comprehensive Assessment of Its Renewable Energy Potential and Pitfalls," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-40, January.
- Arranz-Piera, Pol & Kemausuor, Francis & Darkwah, Lawrence & Edjekumhene, Ishmael & Cortés, Joan & Velo, Enrique, 2018. "Mini-grid electricity service based on local agricultural residues: Feasibility study in rural Ghana," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 443-454.
- Präger, Fabian & Paczkowski, Sebastian & Sailer, Gregor & Derkyi, Nana Sarfo Agyemang & Pelz, Stefan, 2019. "Biomass sources for a sustainable energy supply in Ghana – A case study for Sunyani," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 413-424.
- Pradhan, Anup & Mbohwa, Charles, 2014. "Development of biofuels in South Africa: Challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1089-1100.
- Ramamurthi, Pooja Vijay & Fernandes, Maria Cristina & Nielsen, Per Sieverts & Nunes, Clemente Pedro, 2016. "Utilisation of rice residues for decentralised electricity generation in Ghana: An economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 620-629.
- Kemausuor, Francis & Obeng, George Yaw & Brew-Hammond, Abeeku & Duker, Alfred, 2011. "A review of trends, policies and plans for increasing energy access in Ghana," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 5143-5154.
- F. Tchanche, Bertrand & Pétrissans, M. & Papadakis, G., 2014. "Heat resources and organic Rankine cycle machines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1185-1199.
- Gregor Sailer & Victoria Knappe & Jens Poetsch & Sebastian Paczkowski & Stefan Pelz & Hans Oechsner & Monika Bosilj & Siham Ouardi & Joachim Müller, 2021. "Upgrading the Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste by Low Temperature Hydrothermal Processes," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(11), pages 1-16, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Policy; Ghana; renewable energy; Renewable energy resources;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:inafri:v:12:y:2020:i:1:p:45-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.