Innovation Barriers and Their Impact on Innovation: Evidence from Indonesian Manufacturing Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Lipsey & Fredrik Sjoholm, 2011. "Foreign direct investment and growth in East Asia: lessons for Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 35-63.
- Hölzl, Werner & Janger, Jürgen, 2013. "Does the analysis of innovation barriers perceived by high growth firms provide information on innovation policy priorities?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(8), pages 1450-1468.
- Annalisa Ferrando & Alessandro Ruggieri, 2018.
"Financial constraints and productivity: Evidence from euro area companies,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 257-282, July.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Ruggieri, Alessandro, 2015. "Financial constraints and productivity: evidence from euro area companies," Working Paper Series 1823, European Central Bank.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou & Priit Vahter, 2016.
"Financial Constraints, Innovation Performance and Sectoral Disaggregation,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 84(2), pages 125-158, March.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou & Priit Vahter, 2012. "Financial Constraints, Innovation Performance and Sectoral Disaggregation," Working Papers 2012030, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Baldwin, John & Lin, Zhengxi, 2002.
"Impediments to advanced technology adoption for Canadian manufacturers,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Lin, Zhengxi & Baldwin, John R., 2001. "Impediments to Advanced Technology Adoption for Canadian Manufacturers," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001173e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Galia, Fabrice & Legros, Diego, 2004. "Complementarities between obstacles to innovation: evidence from France," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1185-1199, October.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Tiwari, Amaresh & Palm, Franz & Schim van der Loeff, Sybrand, 2007. "Financial Constraint and R&D Investment: Evidence from CIS," MERIT Working Papers 2007-011, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lim Ee Shiang & Shyamala Nagaraj, 2011. "Impediments to innovation: evidence from Malaysian manufacturing firms," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 209-223, April.
- Maria Jose Silva & Joao Leitao & Mario Raposo, 2008. "Barriers to innovation faced by manufacturing firms in Portugal: how to overcome it for fostering business excellence?," International Journal of Business Excellence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1/2), pages 92-105.
- Nola Hewitt-Dundas, 2006. "Resource and Capability Constraints to Innovation in Small and Large Plants," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 257-277, April.
- Silva, Maria & Leitão, João & Raposo, Mário, 2007. "Barriers to Innovation faced by Manufacturing Firms in Portugal: How to overcome it?," MPRA Paper 5408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcos Roberto Kühl & João Carlos da Cunha, 2013. "Obstacles to implementation of innovations in Brazil: how different companies perceive their importance," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 10(2), pages 1-24, June.
- Dominique Tourigny & Can Le, 2004. "Impediments to innovation faced by Canadian manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 217-250.
- Simona Iammarino & Francesca Sanna-Randaccio & Maria Savona, 2009. "The perception of obstacles to innovation. Foreign multinationals and domestic firms in Italy," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 75-104.
- Simona Iammarino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli & Nick Von Tunzelmann, 2012. "Technological Capabilities and Patterns of Innovative Cooperation of Firms in the UK Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(10), pages 1283-1301, November.
- Yanmei Zhu & Xinhua Wittmann & Mike Peng, 2012. "Institution-based barriers to innovation in SMEs in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 1131-1142, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyunga Na & Young-Hee Kang, 2019. "Relations between Innovation and Firm Performance of Manufacturing Firms in Southeast Asian Emerging Markets: Empirical Evidence from Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-16, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luisa Gagliardi & Simona Iammarino, 2018.
"Innovation in risky markets: ownership and location advantages in the UK regions,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 1177-1201.
- Gagliardi, Luisa & Iammarino, Simona, 2018. "Innovation in risky markets: ownership and location advantages in the UK regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 89059, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vicente Salas-Fumás & Javier Ortiz, 2019. "Innovations’ Success and Failure in the Business Cycle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-22, August.
- Mohieddine Rahmouni, 2014.
"Perception des obstacles aux activités d'innovation dans les entreprises tunisiennes,"
Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 22(3), pages 69-98.
- Rahmouni, Mohieddine, 2011. "Perception des obstacles aux activités d'innovation dans les entreprises tunisiennes [Perception of obstacles to innovation activities in Tunisian firms]," MPRA Paper 18306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohieddine Rahmouni, 2014. "Perception des obstacles aux activités d'innovation dans les entreprises tunisiennes," Post-Print hal-01737842, HAL.
- Mirza Abdullah & Suhaiza Zailani & Mohammad Iranmanesh & K. Jayaraman, 2016. "Barriers to green innovation initiatives among manufacturers: the Malaysian case," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 683-709, October.
- Giovanni Marin & Alberto Marzucchi & Roberto Zoboli, 2014.
"SMEs and Barriers to Eco-Innovation in EU: A Diverse Palette of Greens,"
SEEDS Working Papers
0614, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Apr 2014.
- Marin,Giovanni & Marzucchi,Alberto & Zoboli,Roberto, 2014. "SMEs and Barriers to Eco-Innovation in EU: A Diverse Palette of Greens," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201404, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Amandine Pinget & Rachel Bocquet & Caroline Mothe, 2015. "Barriers to Environmental Innovation in SMEs: Empirical Evidence from French Firms," Post-Print hal-01300837, HAL.
- Gabriele Pellegrino, 2015.
"Barriers to innovation: can firm age help lower them?,"
2015/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Gabriele Pellegrino, 2015. "Barriers to Innovation: Can Firm Age Help Lower Them?," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-33, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Arnaud Le Van, 2020. "Les barrières pour le développement de produits verts et la rentabilité des PME vietnamiennes," Working Papers hal-02482057, HAL.
- Luisa Gagliardi & Simona Iammarino, 2017.
"Innovation in risky markets. Multinational and domestic firms in the UK regions,"
37, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Mar 2017.
- Iammarino, Simona & Gagliardi, Luisa, 2017. "Innovation in risky markets: multinational and domestic firms in the UK regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101250, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hölzl, Werner & Janger, Jürgen, 2014. "Distance to the frontier and the perception of innovation barriers across European countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 707-725.
- Pellegrino, Gabriele & Savona, Maria, 2013.
"Is money all? Financing versus knowledge and demand constraints to innovation,"
MERIT Working Papers
2013-029, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Gabriele Pellegrino & Maria Savona, 2013. "Is money all? Financing versus knowledge and demand constraints to innovation," Working Papers 2013/21, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Gabriele Pellegrino & Maria Savona, 2013. "Is Money All? Financing Versus Knowledge and Demand Constraints to Innovation," SPRU Working Paper Series 2013-01, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- de-Oliveira, Fernando & Rodil-Marzábal, Óscar, 2019. "Structural characteristics and organizational determinants as obstacles to innovation in small developing countries," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 306-314.
- Jakub Tabas & Michaela Beranová & Jan Vavřina, 2011. "Barriers to development of the innovation potential in the small and medium-sized enterprises," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 59(7), pages 447-458.
- Davide Antonioli & Alberto Marzucchi & Maria Savona, 2017. "Pain shared, pain halved? Cooperation as a coping strategy for innovation barriers," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 841-864, August.
- Tran Thi Bach Yen & Le Binh Minh & Tran Thu Huong, 2019. "Analyzing the Barriers to Innovation Development in Emerging Economies: Vietnamese Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as an Empirical Case," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(1), pages 64-77, January.
- Kiss, János, 2014. "Az innováció hatása a vállalati teljesítményre és versenyképességre [The impact of innovation activities on firms performance and competitiveness]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 299-314.
- Sandro Montresor & Antonio Vezzani, 2019. "Financial constraints and intangible investments. Do innovative and non-innovative firms differ?," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2019-07, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Thomä, Jörg, 2017. "DUI mode learning and barriers to innovation—A case from Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1327-1339.
- D’Este, Pablo & Iammarino, Simona & Savona, Maria & von Tunzelmann, Nick, 2012. "What hampers innovation? Revealed barriers versus deterring barriers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 482-488.
- Giovanni Marin & Alberto Marzucchi & Roberto Zoboli, 2015. "SMEs and barriers to Eco-innovation in the EU: exploring different firm profiles," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 671-705, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation barriers; manufacturing firms; Indonesia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:globus:v:20:y:2019:i:5:p:1196-1213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.imi.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.