Comparing Monetary Policy Rules in the Romanian Economy: A New Keynesian Approach
A New Keynesian model of open economy is estimated and discussed in the case of Romania. The model is estimated using quarterly data on a post-2000 sample. The paper focuses on the monetary policy analysis and compares several specifications for the monetary policy within the Bayesian framework. The issue whether the National Bank reacts to the exchange rate is also discussed.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2007:i:3:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Paez-Farrell, 2007. "Understanding monetary policy in Central European countries using Taylor-type rules: the case of the Visegrad four," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(3), pages 1-11.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1997.
"Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
6254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary policy rules in practice Some international evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1033-1067, June.
- Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," Working Papers 97-32, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laurence M. Ball, 1999.
"Policy Rules for Open Economies,"
in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 127-156
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Lubik & Frank Schorfheide, 2003.
"Do Central Banks Respond to Exchange Rate Movements? A Structural Investigation,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
505, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Lubik, Thomas A. & Schorfheide, Frank, 2007. "Do central banks respond to exchange rate movements? A structural investigation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1069-1087, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eschenhof, Sabine, 2009. "Comparing Monetary Policy Rules in a Small Open Economy Framework: An Empirical Analysis Using Bayesian Techniques," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 40392, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2011:i:4:p:30-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.