The Development of Low-cost Airlines and Tourism as a Competitiveness Complementor: Effects, Evolution and Strategies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014.
"Price discrimination through refund contracts in airlines,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-8.
- Escobari, Diego & Jindapon, Paan, 2014. "Price Discrimination through Refund Contracts in Airlines," MPRA Paper 53629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Button, Kenneth & Taylor, Samantha, 2000.
"International air transportation and economic development,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 209-222.
- Button, Kenneth J. & Taylor, Samantha Y, 2000. "International Air Transportation And Economic Development," ERSA conference papers ersa00p483, European Regional Science Association.
- Oecd, 2014. "New Approaches to Spectrum Management," OECD Digital Economy Papers 235, OECD Publishing.
- Oecd, 2014. "Do 15-year-olds Know How to Manage Money?," PISA in Focus 41, OECD Publishing.
- Doroshenko V. S., 2014. "Nation’S Health - A Priority Of State Management," Management, Academy of Municipal Administration, vol. 7(1), pages 100-106, February.
- Severin Borenstein, 1989. "Hubs and High Fares: Dominance and Market Power in the U.S. Airline Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 344-365, Autumn.
- Brons, Martijn & Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2002. "Price elasticities of demand for passenger air travel: a meta-analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 165-175.
- Claudio A. Piga & Enrico Bachis, 2006. "Pricing strategies by European traditional and low cost airlines. Or, when is it the best time to book on line?," Discussion Paper Series 2006_14, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2006.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:24:y:2012:i:c:p:223-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tretheway, Michael W, 2004. "Distortions of airline revenues: why the network airline business model is broken," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 3-14.
- Papatheodorou, Andreas & Lei, Zheng, 2006. "Leisure travel in Europe and airline business models: A study of regional airports in Great Britain," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 47-52.
- Button, Kenneth & Vega, Henry, 2007. "The Uses of the “Temporal-Fares-Offered Curve” in Air Transportation," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 46(2), pages 1-18.
- Graham, Anne, 2000. "Demand for leisure air travel and limits to growth," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-118.
- Allan Williams & Vladimir Balaz, 2009. "Low-Cost Carriers, Economies of Flows and Regional Externalities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 677-691.
- RamÃ³n-RodrÃguez, Ana B. & Moreno-Izquierdo, Luis & Perles-Ribes, JosÃ© F., 2011. "Growth and internationalisation strategies in the airline industry," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 110-115.
- Rey, BelÃ©n & Myro, Rafael L. & Galera, Asun, 2011. "Effect of low-cost airlines on tourism in Spain. A dynamic panel data model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 163-167.
- Chuvpylo V.V., 2014. "Land Management : International Experience," Management, Academy of Municipal Administration, vol. 8(3), pages 235-242, June.
- Jong-Hun Park & Anming Zhang, 2000. "An Empirical Analysis of Global Airline Alliances: Cases in North Atlantic Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(4), pages 367-384, June.
- Mason, Keith J. & Alamdari, F., 2007. "EU network carriers, low cost carriers and consumer behaviour: A Delphi study of future trends," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 299-310.
- D’Alfonso, Tiziana & Nastasi, Alberto, 2012. "Vertical relations in the air transport industry: A facility-rivalry game," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 993-1008.
- Pitfield, D.E., 2008. "Some insights into competition between low-cost airlines," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 5-14.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:249-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Forsyth, Peter, 2003. "Low-cost carriers in Australia: experiences and impacts," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 277-284.
- Barbot, Cristina, 2008. "Can low cost carriers deter or accommodate entry?," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 883-893, September.
- D. E. Pitfield, 2005. "Some Speculations and Empirical Evidence on the Oligopolistic Behaviour of Competing Low-Cost Airlines," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 39(3), pages 379-390, September.
- Giaume, Stephanie & Guillou, Sarah, 2004. "Price discrimination and concentration in European airline markets," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 305-310.
- Barrett, Sean D., 2004. "How do the demands for airport services differ between full-service carriers and low-cost carriers?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 33-39.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:17:y:2009:i:4:p:251-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2004. "Airline pricing behaviour in the Londonâ€“Paris market," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 277-281.
- Salanti, Andrea & Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato, 2012. "Low-cost pricing strategies in leisure markets," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256.
- repec:eee:touman:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:66-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bieger, Thomas & Wittmer, Andreas, 2006. "Air transport and tourismâ€”Perspectives and challenges for destinations, airlines and governments," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 40-46.
- Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2009. "Pricing strategies of low-cost airlines: The Ryanair case study," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 195-203.
More about this item
KeywordsLow-Cost Carriers; Pricing; Tourism; Airline Industry;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- Z32 - Other Special Topics - - Tourism Economics - - - Tourism and Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:jspord:0059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Fernandes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cialgpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.