Pricing strategies of low-cost airlines: The Ryanair case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gudmundsson, Sveinn Vidar, 2004. "Management emphasis and performance in the airline industry: an exploratory multilevel analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 443-463, November.
- Franke, Markus, 2004. "Competition between network carriers and low-cost carriersâ€”retreat battle or breakthrough to a new level of efficiency?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-21.
- Guillermo Gallego & Garrett van Ryzin, 1994. "Optimal Dynamic Pricing of Inventories with Stochastic Demand over Finite Horizons," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(8), pages 999-1020, August.
- Wen Zhao & Yu-Sheng Zheng, 2000. "Optimal Dynamic Pricing for Perishable Assets with Nonhomogeneous Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 375-388, March.
- Anjos, Miguel F. & Cheng, Russell C. H. & Currie, Christine S. M., 2005. "Optimal pricing policies for perishable products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(1), pages 246-254, October.
- Severin Borenstein, 1989. "Hubs and High Fares: Dominance and Market Power in the U.S. Airline Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 344-365, Autumn.
- Wilson, Charles A, 1988. "On the Optimal Pricing Policy of a Monopolist," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 164-176, February.
- Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2004. "Airline pricing behaviour in the Londonâ€“Paris market," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 277-281.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1979. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 355-371.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Ramos-Pérez & José Luis Sánchez-Hernández, 2014. "European World Cities and the Spatial Polarisation of Air Transport Liberalisation Benefits," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:64:y:2017:i:pa:p:68-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moreno-Izquierdo, L. & Ramón-Rodríguez, A. & Perles Ribes, J., 2015. "The impact of the internet on the pricing strategies of the European low cost airlines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 651-660.
- Ofelia Betancor & Juan Luis JimÃ©nez, 2011. "When trains go faster than planes: the strategic reaction of airlines in Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa11p295, European Regional Science Association.
- Cattaneo, Mattia & Malighetti, Paolo & Morlotti, Chiara & Redondi, Renato, 2016. "Quantity price discrimination in the air transport industry: The easyJet case," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-8.
- Morandi, Valentina & Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2015. "Codesharing agreements by low-cost carriers: An explorative analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 184-191.
- Escobari, Diego, 2014.
"Estimating dynamic demand for airlines,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 26-29.
- repec:eee:ecotra:v:11-12:y:2017:i::p:49-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vigren, Andreas, 2016. "Competition in Swedish passenger railway : entry in an open-access market," Working papers in Transport Economics 2016:18, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:2:p:337-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:249-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato & Salanti, Andrea, 2014. "Competitive vs. monopolistic routes: Are fares so different?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 3-8.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:64:y:2017:i:pa:p:91-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:1:p:36-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:54:y:2016:i:c:p:502-512 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dudás, Gábor & Boros, Lajos & Pál, Viktor & Pernyész, Péter, 2016. "Analysis of the lowest airfares considering the different business models of airlines, the case of Budapest," MPRA Paper 74502, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugenio-Martin, Juan L. & Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2016. "Low-cost travel and tourism expenditures," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 140-159.
- Moreno, Luis & Ramon, Ana & Pedreño, Andrés, 2015. "The Development of Low-cost Airlines and Tourism as a Competitiveness Complementor: Effects, Evolution and Strategies," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 3(4), pages 262-274.
- Maertens, Sven, 2011. "The market potential of all-premium class services on medium haul leisure routes from Germany," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 181-186.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:37-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:23-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salanti, Andrea & Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato, 2012. "Low-cost pricing strategies in leisure markets," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256.
- Chang, Li-Yen & Hung, Shao-Chih, 2013. "Adoption and loyalty toward low cost carriers: The case of Taipei–Singapore passengers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 29-36.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic pricing; Low-cost; Ryanair; Fares;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:15:y:2009:i:4:p:195-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.