Shari’ah Governance Regimes for Islamic Finance: Types and Appraisal - I regimi di governance conformi alla shari’ah nella finanza islamica: tipologia e valutazione
Islamic financial institutions provide financial services that abide by the principles and goals of Islamic law (Shari’ah). To ensure the compliance of the operations and products with Islamic law, a Shari’ah governance mechanism must be established. To understand the scope of Shari’ah governance the stakeholders of the Islamic banking industry and Shari’ah requirements need to be identified. The type of Shari’ah governance framework for Islamic finance will depend on the legal and regulatory environment in different jurisdictions. At organizational level, the overall corporate governance framework in Islamic banks will define the role of Shari’ah governance. After identifying four Shari’ah governance regimes existing in different countries, the paper suggests an optimal Shari’ah governance framework that can reduce the Shari’ah complaint risks and ensure long-term growth of the industry. - Le istituzioni finanziarie islamiche forniscono servizi nel rispetto dei principi e degli obiettivi della legge islamica (la Shari’ah). Al fine di assicurare che le operazioni e i prodotti finanziari si conformino alla legge islamica devono essere adottati adeguati sistemi di governance. Per capire le modalità di tale governance è necessario identificare gli stakeholder del sistema bancario islamico e i requisiti necessari secondo la Shari’ah. Il tipo di struttura della governance dipenderà a livello legale e regolatorio da diverse giurisdizioni. Dopo aver individuato quattro regimi di governance che rispettano la Shari’ah applicati in diversi paesi, questo studio delinea una governance ideale in grado di ridurre i rischi e assicurare la crescita del settore nel lungo periodo.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy|
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khan, Tariqullah & Ahmed, Habib, 2001.
"Risk Management: An Analysis of Issues in Islamic Financial Industry (Occasional Paper),"
2001, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Khan, Tariqullah & Ahmed, Habib, 2001. "Risk Management: An Analysis of Issues in Islamic Financial Industry (Occasional Papers)," Occasional Papers 91, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Ahmed, Habib & Chapra, Mohammad Umar, 2002. "Corporate Governance in Islamic Financial Institution (Occasional Paper)," Occasional Papers 93, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- M.N. Siddiqi, 2007. "Shariah,Economics And The Progress Of Islamic Finance: The Role Of Shariah Experts," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 15(1), pages 93-114, June.
- Abbas Mirakhor & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 91/88, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ecoint:0628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.