Do secrets come out? Statistical evaluation of student cheating
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian A. Jacob & Steven D. Levitt, 2003.
"Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 843-877.
- Levitt, Steven D., 2002. "Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt2wj7v1j4, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Brian A. Jacob & Steven D. Levitt, 2003. "Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating," NBER Working Papers 9413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1994. "A Theory of Conformity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 841-877, October.
- Jeff Butler & Paola Giuliano & Luigi Guiso, 2016.
"Trust and Cheating,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(595), pages 1703-1738, September.
- Jeffrey Butler & Paola Giuliano & Luigi Guiso, 2012. "Trust and Cheating," EIEF Working Papers Series 1213, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Oct 2012.
- Butler, Jeffrey V. & Giuliano, Paola & Guiso, Luigi, 2012. "Trust and Cheating," IZA Discussion Papers 6961, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Butler, Jeff & Giuliano, Paola & Guiso, Luigi, 2012. "Trust and Cheating," CEPR Discussion Papers 9202, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey V. Butler & Paola Giuliano & Luigi Guiso, 2012. "Trust and Cheating," NBER Working Papers 18509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107029514.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015. "A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107609464.
- Jan R. Magnus & Victor M. Polterovich & Dmitri L. Danilov & Alexei V. Savvateev, 2002. "Tolerance of Cheating: An Analysis Across Countries," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 125-135, June.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Borisova, E. & Polishchuk, L. & Suvorov, A., 2014. "Observe or Violate: Intrinsic Motivation of Academic Ethics," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 41-72.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Markose Chekol Zewdie & Michele Moretti & Daregot Berihun Tenessa & Zemen Ayalew Ayele & Jan Nyssen & Enyew Adgo Tsegaye & Amare Sewnet Minale & Steven Van Passel, 2021. "Agricultural Technical Efficiency of Smallholder Farmers in Ethiopia: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-17, March.
- Yuichi Watanabe & Haruko Noguchi & Yoshinori Nakata, 2020. "How efficient are surgical treatments in Japan? The case of a high-volume Japanese hospital," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 401-413, September.
- Keller, Michael, 2020.
"Wasted windfalls: Inefficiencies in health care spending in oil rich countries,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Michael Keller, 2019. "Wasted windfalls: Inefficiencies in health care spending in oil rich countries," Working Paper Series 0819, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Chen, Jiandong & Wu, Yinyin & Song, Malin & Zhu, Zunhong, 2017. "Stochastic frontier analysis of productive efficiency in China's Forestry Industry," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 87-95.
- Danuse Nerudova & Marian Dobranschi, 2019. "Alternative method to measure the VAT gap in the EU: Stochastic tax frontier model approach," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Orea, Luis, 2019. "The Econometric Measurement of Firms’ Efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2019/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Gralka, Sabine, 2018. "Stochastic frontier analysis in higher education: A systematic review," CEPIE Working Papers 05/18, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- César Martinelli & Susan W. Parker & Ana Cristina Pérez-Gea & Rodimiro Rodrigo, 2018.
"Cheating and Incentives: Learning from a Policy Experiment,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 298-325, February.
- Cesar Martinelli & Susan W. Parker & Ana Cristina PeÌ rez-Gea & Rodimiro Rodrigo, 2015. "Cheating and Incentives: Learning from a Policy Experiment," Working Papers 1058, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Muratbek Baglan & Gershom Endelani Mwalupaso & Xue Zhou & Xianhui Geng, 2020. "Towards Cleaner Production: Certified Seed Adoption and Its Effect on Technical Efficiency," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Martini, Gianmaria & Scotti, Davide & Viola, Domenico & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2020. "Persistent and temporary inefficiency in airport cost function: An application to Italy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 999-1019.
- Luigi Brighi & Paolo Silvestri, 2019. "Inefficiency in Childcare Production: Evidence from Italian Microdata," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 5(1), pages 103-133, March.
- Ali M. Oumer & Michael Burton & Atakelty Hailu & Amin Mugera, 2020. "Sustainable agricultural intensification practices and cost efficiency in smallholder maize farms: Evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(6), pages 841-856, November.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Klein, Paul-Olivier & Weill, Laurent, 2018.
"Persistent and transient inefficiency: Explaining the low efficiency of Chinese big banks,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
16/2018, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana FUNGACOVA & Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Laurent WEILL, 2018. "Persistent and Transient Inefficiency: Explaining the Low Efficiency of Chinese Big Banks," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2018-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Zuzana Fungáčová & Paul-Olivier Klein & Laurent Weill, 2020. "Persistent and transient inefficiency: Explaining the low efficiency of Chinese big banks," Post-Print hal-03058848, HAL.
- Luigi Brighi & Paolo Silvestri, 2016. "Inefficiency in Childcare Production. Evidence from Italian Microdata," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 117, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parmeter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2017.
"Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances,"
2017-10, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parameter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Vigren, Andreas, 2016. "Cost efficiency in Swedish public transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 123-132.
- Thanh-Tung Nguyen & Trung Thanh Nguyen & Ulrike Grote, 2020. "Weather shocks, credit and production efficiency of rice farmers in Vietnam," TVSEP Working Papers wp-017, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute of Development and Agricultural Economics, Project TVSEP.
- Dessi, Roberta & Monin, Benoît, 2012.
"Noblesse Oblige? Moral Identity and Prosocial Behavior in the Face of Selfishness,"
IDEI Working Papers
750, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dessi, Roberta & Monin, Benoît, 2012. "Noblesse Oblige? Moral Identity and Prosocial Behavior in the Face of Selfishness," TSE Working Papers 12-347, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Tateishi, Henrique Ryosuke & Bragagnolo, Cassiano & de Faria, Rosane Nunes, 2020. "Economic and environmental efficiencies of greenhouse gases’ emissions under institutional influence," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Régina D.C. Bonou-zin & Khalil Allali & Aziz Fadlaoui, 2019. "Environmental Efficiency of Organic and Conventional Cotton in Benin," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-17, May.
More about this item
Keywordsstudent cheating; take home assignment; stochastic frontier; Russia;
All these keywords.
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.