The determinants of the distribution of foreign direct investment in Russian food industry companies
What do foreign companies take into account when they invest in Russian food industry enterprises? The sample of about 5000 enterprises of the food industry from different Russian regions is analyzed to give the answer to this question. The most interesting points for the investigation are formulated as two hypotheses. The first one is connected with the level of economic development of a region where the particular company is situated, the other one is about the foreign direct investment during previous periods in this region and the neighboring ones. To test the hypotheses on the base of the idea of spatial effects of analyzed factors several special variables are constructed. The estimation of a multilevel binary model gives the idea for the possible explanation of the problem discovered above.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ратникова Та, 2006. "Введение В Эконометрический Анализ Панельных Данных," Экономический журнал Высшей школы экономики Higher School of Economics Economic Journal, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего профессионального образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», vol. 10(2), pages 267-316.
- Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2007. "Spatial econometric analysis of determinants and strategies of FDI in Russian regions in pre- and post-1998 financial crisis periods," BOFIT Discussion Papers 15/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Ronald B. Davies & Glen R. Waddell & Helen T. Naughton, 2004.
"FDI in Space: Spatial Autoregressive Relationships in Foreign Direct Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
10939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Davies, Ronald B. & Waddell, Glen R. & Naughton, Helen T., 2007. "FDI in space: Spatial autoregressive relationships in foreign direct investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1303-1325, July.
- Gregory J. Brock, 1998. "Foreign direct investment in Russia's regions 1993-95. Why so little and where has it gone?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 6(2), pages 349-360, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.