The role of the timeline in Granger causality test in the presence of daily data non-synchronism
The factor of the earlier/later closing market, which appears in pairs of time series with non-synchronism problem exposure, may predetermine the results of the Granger causality test conducted on classic form. The shift in GMT timeline reverses the exposure of the market to the factor of earlier/later closing market, and may change the results of Granger causality test conducted on classic form. Verification of the given assumption on empirical data demonstrated that the US market, having moved from the later closing market to the earlier closing market condition (factor), started to show the behavior similar to other earlier closing markets.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1992. "The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 353-364, September.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., . "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- George M. von Furstenberg & Bang Nam Jeon, 1989. "International Stock Price Movements: Links and Messages," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 125-180.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing for Higher Order Serial Correlation in Regression Equations When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1303-10, November.
- Bessler, David A. & Yang, Jian, 2003. "The structure of interdependence in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 261-287, April.
- Ezequiel Uriel Jiménez & Javier Quesada Ibáñez & Amado Peiró Giménez, 1993. "Transmission Of Information Between Stock Markets," Working Papers. Serie EC 1993-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Grigoryev, Ruslan & Jaffry, Shabbar & Marchenko, German, 2012. "Investigation of the consequences of ignoring daily data non-synchronism in cross-market linkages: BRIC and developed countries," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 26(2), pages 92-112.
- Singh, Priyanka & Kumar, Brajesh & Pandey, Ajay, 2010. "Price and volatility spillovers across North American, European and Asian stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-64, January.
- Ezequiel Uriel Jiménez & Javier Quesada Ibañez & Amado Peiró, 1995. "Temporal Links Betvveen Price Indices Of Stock Markets With Overlapping Business Hours," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ø. Gjerde & F. Sættem, 1995. "Linkages among European and world stock markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 165-179.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Gebka, Bartosz & Serwa, Dobromil, 2007. "Intra- and inter-regional spillovers between emerging capital markets around the world," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-221, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.