Health and job search in Russia
This paper studies the influence of various health indicators on the position in the labor market. The source used in the research is the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey for the period 2000–2008. We analyze the factors related to individual’s decision on whether to look for a job or to give up seeking. For those willing to be employed, the duration model is estimated and the impact of health indicators on the individual’s probability to get a job and leave the labor force is revealed.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfarr, Christian & Schneider, Brit S. & Schneider, Udo & Ulrich, Volker, 2010.
"I feel good! Gender differences and reporting heterogeneity in self-assessed health,"
24231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Udo Schneider & Christian Pfarr & Brit Schneider & Volker Ulrich, 2012. "I feel good! Gender differences and reporting heterogeneity in self-assessed health," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 251-265, June.
- Foley, M.C., 1997. "Determinants of Unemployment Duration in Russia," Papers 779, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1976. "Unemployment Insurance, Duration of Unemployment, and Subsequent Wage Gain," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 754-66, December.
- Kathleen P. Classen, 1977. "The effect of unemployment insurance on the duration of unemployment and subsequent earnings," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 438-444, July.
- James Banks & Thomas Crossley & Simo Goshev, 2007.
"Looking for private information in self-assessed health,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- James Banks & Thomas Crossley & Simo Goshev, 2007. "Looking for Private Information in Self-Assessed Health," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 423, McMaster University.
- James Banks & Thomas Crossley & Simo Goshev, 2007. "Looking for Private Information in Self-Assessed Health," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 219, McMaster University.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1979. "Estimating the Probability of Leaving Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1249-66, September.
- Kim, Vitally, 2010. "Level of alcohol consumption and worker’s labor market position. Multivariate probit model approach," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 18(2), pages 53-77.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1979.
"An Empirical Job-Search Model, with a Test of the Constant Reservation-Wage Hypothesis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 89-107, February.
- KIEFER, Nicholas M. & NEUMANN, George R., . "An empirical job-search model, with a test of the constant reservation-wage hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers RP -358, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-56, July.
- Luft, Harold S, 1975. "The Impact of Poor Health on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Lixin Cai, 2007.
"The Relationship between Health and Labour Force Participation: Evidence from a Panel Data Simultaneous Equation Model,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2007n01, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Cai, Lixin, 2010. "The relationship between health and labour force participation: Evidence from a panel data simultaneous equation model," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-90, January.
- Mark C. Foley, 1997. "Determinants of Unemployment Duration in Russia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 81, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mark C. Foley, 1997. "Determinants of Unemployment Duration in Russia," Working Papers 779, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Unemployment insurance and job search decisions," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 505-517, July.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1970. "Job Search, the Duration of Unemployment, and the Phillips Curve," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 847-62, December.
- Bartel, Ann & Taubman, Paul, 1979. "Health and Labor Market Success: The Role of Various Diseases," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 1-8, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.