The Influence of the Ruble Real Exchange Rate on the Russian Economy
An econometric study of the influence of the ruble real exchange rate on the Russian economy is considered in the paper. The research, based on a disaggregated macroeconomic model, presents a theoretical description of the three main sectors of the Russian economy. The most important result is that the current ruble real appreciation causes the real output decline in the main sectors of the economy. On the other hand, stable expectations of the ruble real appreciation lead to growth of the economy real output. The conclusions are confirmed by results of an econometric study based on the Engle-Granger cointegration analysis.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aivazian, Sergei & Brodsky, Boris, 2006. "Macroeconometric modeling: modern trends, problems, an example of the econometric model of the Russian economy," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 2(2), pages 85-111.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000.
"Fixing for Your Life,"
NBER Working Papers
8006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2001. "Fixing for your life," MPRA Paper 13873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 117, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," Working Paper Series rwp05-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 11508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.