Empirical Relationship between Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Prices of Indian Banking Sector: A Vector Error Correction Model Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam, Anokye M. & Tweneboah, George, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Stock market Development: Ghana Evidence," MPRA Paper 11261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali Raza & Zeshan Ahmed & Mohammad Ahmed & Tanvir Ahmed, 2012. "The Role of FDI on Stock Market Development: The Case of Pakistan," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 4(1), pages 26-33.
- Yaya Keho, 2020. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Trade Balance: Evidence from Cote dâ€™Ivoire," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(7), pages 113-113, July.
- Adam, Anokye M. & Tweneboah, George, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Stock market Development: Ghana’s Evidence," MPRA Paper 11985, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Basher, Syed A. & Westerlund, Joakim, 2009.
"Panel cointegration and the monetary exchange rate model,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 506-513, March.
- Basher, Syed A. & Westerlund, Joakim, 2008. "Panel Cointegration and the Monetary Exchange Rate Model," MPRA Paper 10453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Klaus Meyer, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment in Emerging Economies," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2005fdiee, Emerging Markets Forum.
- E. Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "The Impact of Inflation on Stock Market Investment Performance: Evidence from Airlines Automobiles Road Transport and Maritime Sectors Stocks of the Nigerian Stock Exchange," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1257-1276, October.
- Vladimir Arcabic & Tomislav Globan & Irena Raguz, 2013. "The relationship between the stock market and foreign direct investment in Croatia: evidence from VAR and cointegration analysis," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 109-126.
- Javed Iqbal, 2012. "Stock Market in Pakistan," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 11(1), pages 61-91, April.
- Prince Jaiblai & Vijay Shenai, 2019. "The Determinants of FDI in Sub-Saharan Economies: A Study of Data from 1990–2017," IJFS, MDPI, vol. 7(3), pages 1-31, August.
- Omodero, Cordelia Onyinyechi & M.C. Ekwe, 2017. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment (Fdi) On the Stock Market Performances in Nigeria (1985-2014)," Applied Finance and Accounting, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 36-48, February.
- E Chuke NWUDE, 2013. "The Impact of Inflation on Stock Market Investment Performance: Evidence from Airlines Automobiles Road Transport and Maritime Sectors Stocks of the Nigerian Stock Exchange," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1257-1276.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gbenga Festus Babarinde, 2020. "The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in Stock Market Development in Nigeria: A Test of Complementarity," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 12(2), pages 175-187, December.
- David Umoru & Gladys A. Nwokoye, 2018. "FAVAR Analysis of Foreign Investment with Capital Market Predictors: Evidence on Nigerian and Selected African Stock Exchanges," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 4(1), pages 12-20, March.
- Ahmed Imran Hunjra & Tahar Tayachi & Muhammad Irfan Chani & Peter Verhoeven & Asad Mehmood, 2020. "The Moderating Effect of Institutional Quality on the Financial Development and Environmental Quality Nexus," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(9), pages 1-13, May.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Afshan, Sahar, 2013. "Is Stock Market Sensitive to Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth? Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 48399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niaz Morshed & Mohammad Razib Hossain, 2022. "Causality analysis of the determinants of FDI in Bangladesh: fresh evidence from VAR, VECM and Granger causality approach," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 2(7), pages 1-28, July.
- Md zulquar Nain & Sai sailaja Bharatam & Bandi Kamaiah, 2017. "Electricity consumption and NSDP nexus in Indian states: a panel analysis with structural breaks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(3), pages 1581-1601.
- GIRI A. K. & JOSHI Pooja, 2017. "The Impact Of Macroeconomic Indicators On Indian Stock Prices: An Empirical Analysis," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 12(1), pages 61-78, April.
- Faisal Faisal & Peshraw Majid Muhamad & Turgut Tursoy, 2016. "Impact of Economic Growth, Foreign Direct Investment and Financial Development on Stock Prices in China: Empirical Evidence from Time Series Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1998-2006.
- Ahmed, Tehseen & Malik, Saif Ullah, 2012. "Determinants of Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into Pakistan," MPRA Paper 54737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bekhet, Hussain Ali & Al-Smadi, Raed Walid, 2015. "Determinants of Jordanian foreign direct investment inflows: Bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 27-35.
- Olaoye, Olumide Olusegun & Olomola, P.A., 2022. "Empirical analysis of asymmetry phenomenon in the public debt structure of Sub-Saharan Africa's five biggest economies: A Markov-Switching model," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 25(C).
- Adiguzel, Ugur & Sahbaz, Ahmet & Ozcan, Ceyhun Can & Nazlioglu, Saban, 2014. "The behavior of Turkish exchange rates: A panel data perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 177-185.
- Rafaqat Ali & Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2018. "Socioeconomic Stability and Variability in Stock Market Prices: A Case Study of Karachi Stock Exchange," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(4), pages 428-440, December.
- Yavas, Burhan F. & Malladi, Rama K., 2020. "Foreign direct investment and financial markets influences: Results from the United States," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Sharif Ullah Jan & Hashim Khan, 2018. "Return Volatility and Macroeconomic Factors: A Comparison of US and Pakistani Firms," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 10(2), pages 1-28, June.
- Oke, Micheal Ojo, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Nigerian Financial Sector Growth," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(2), pages 262-275, June.
- Asaad, Zeravan, 2014. "The Economic determinants of foreign direct investment inward to Iraq for period (2004-2011)," MPRA Paper 103523, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2014.
- Yagmur Saglam & Apostolos Ampountolas, 2021. "The effects of shocks on Turkish tourism demand: Evidence using panel unit root test," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(4), pages 859-866, June.
- Ceyhun Can Ozcan & Ahmet Sahbaz & Ugur Ad?guzel & Saban Nazlioglu, 2014. "The Nature of Shocks to Turkish exchange rates: what panel approach says?," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 0401591, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Abdulazeez Y. H. Saif-Alyousf & Asish Saha & Rohani Md-Rus, 2017. "Shareholders' Value of Saudi Commercial Banks: A Comparative Evaluation between Islamic and Conventional Banks using CAMEL Parameters," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 97-105.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:12:y:2020:i:2:p:189-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.