Main Romanian Commercial Banks’ Systemic Risk during Financial Crisis: a CoVar Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2017.
"Measuring Systemic Risk,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(1), pages 2-47.
- Viral V. Acharya & Christian Brownlees & Robert Engle & Farhang Farazmand & Matthew Richardson, 2013. "Measuring Systemic Risk," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Oliviero Roggi & Edward I Altman (ed.), Managing and Measuring Risk Emerging Global Standards and Regulations After the Financial Crisis, chapter 3, pages 65-98, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Viral V. Acharya, 2011. "Measuring Systemic Risk," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Stijn Claessens & Douglas D Evanoff & George G Kaufman & Laura E Kodres (ed.), Macroprudential Regulatory Policies The New Road to Financial Stability?, chapter 10, pages 133-143, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Viral V. Acharya, 2010. "Measuring systemic risk," Proceedings 1140, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Acharya, Viral V & Pedersen, Lasse H & Philippon, Thomas & Richardson, Matthew P, 2012. "Measuring Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 8824, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2010. "Measuring systemic risk," Working Papers (Old Series) 1002, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2010:i:may:p:65-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patev Plamen & Kanaryan Nigokhos & Lyroudi Katerina, 2009.
"Modelling and Forecasting the Volatility of Thin Emerging Stock Markets: the Case of Bulgaria,"
Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 12(4), pages 47-60, January.
- Plamen Patev & Nigokhos Kanaryan, 2005. "Modeling and Forecasting the Volatility of Thin Emerging Stock Markets: The Case of Bulgaria," FindEcon Chapters: Forecasting Financial Markets and Economic Decision-Making, in: Władysław Milo & Piotr Wdowiński (ed.), Forecasting Financial Markets. Theory and Applications, edition 1, volume 0, chapter 10, pages 135-146, University of Lodz.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2009.
"A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2036-2049, November.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A Framework for Assessing the Systemic Risk of Major Financial Institutions," BIS Working Papers 281, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Rungporn Roengpitya & Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul, 2010. "Measuring Systemic Risk And Financial Linkages In The Thai Banking System," Working Papers 2010-02, Monetary Policy Group, Bank of Thailand.
- López-Espinosa, Germán & Moreno, Antonio & Rubia, Antonio & Valderrama, Laura, 2012.
"Short-term wholesale funding and systemic risk: A global CoVaR approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3150-3162.
- GermÃ¡n LÃ³pez-Espinosa & Antonio Moreno & Antonio Rubia & Laura Valderrama, 2012. "Short-term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk: A Global CoVaR Approach," Faculty Working Papers 02/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Dumitru Cristian OANEA & Victoria Gabriela ANGHELACHE & Bogdan ZUGRAVU, 2013. "Econometric Model for Risk Forecasting," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(2), pages 123-127, May.
- Bogdan ZUGRAVU & Dumitru Cristian OANEA & Victoria Gabriela ANGHELACHE, 2013. "Analysis Based on the Risk Metrics Model," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(2), pages 145-154, May.
- Mauro Bernardi & Ghislaine Gayraud & Lea Petrella, 2013. "Bayesian inference for CoVaR," Papers 1306.2834, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2013.
- Robert Sollis, 2009. "Value at risk: a critical overview," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 398-414, November.
- Nicola Borri & Marianna Caccavaio & Giorgio Di Giorgio & Alberto Maria Sorrentino, 2012. "Systemic Risk and the European Banking Sector," Working Papers CASMEF 1211, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Fernando Caio Galdi & Leonel Molero Pereira, 2007. "Value at Risk (VaR) Using Volatility Forecasting Models: EWMA, GARCH and Stochastic Volatility," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 4(1), pages 74-94, January.
- McMillan, David G. & Kambouroudis, Dimos, 2009. "Are RiskMetrics forecasts good enough? Evidence from 31 stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 117-124, June.
- Victoria Gabriela ANGHELACHE & Dumitru Cristian OANEA & Bogdan ZUGRAVU, 2013. "General Aspects Regarding the Methodology for Prediction Risk," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(2), pages 66-72, May.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Short-Term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk: A Global Covar Approach," IMF Working Papers 2012/046, International Monetary Fund.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 59-64, May.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dumitru-Cristian OANEA & Gabriela-Victoria ANGHELACHE, 2014. "Systemic Risk Caused By Romanian Financial Intermediaries During Financial Crisis: A Covar Approach," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 14, pages 171-178, December.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Rother, Simon & Schnabel, Isabel, 2017.
"Asset Price Bubbles and Systemic Risk,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12362, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Simon C. Rother & Isabel Schnabel, 2019. "Asset Price Bubbles and Systemic Risk," NBER Working Papers 25775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus Brunnermeier & Simon Rother & Isabel Schnabel, 2019. "Asset Price Bubbles and Systemic Risk," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_2019_095, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Varotto, Simone & Zhao, Lei, 2018. "Systemic risk and bank size," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 45-70.
- Rahman, Md Lutfur & Troster, Victor & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Yahya, Muhammad, 2022. "Systemic risk contribution of banks and non-bank financial institutions across frequencies: The Australian experience," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Sessi Tokpavi, 2013. "Testing for the Systemically Important Financial Institutions: a Conditional Approach," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Drakos, Anastassios A. & Kouretas, Georgios P., 2015. "Bank ownership, financial segments and the measurement of systemic risk: An application of CoVaR," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 127-140.
- Yin, Libo & Feng, Jiabao & Han, Liyan, 2021. "Systemic risk in international stock markets: Role of the oil market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 592-619.
- Robert F. Engle & Emil N. Siriwardane, 2018.
"Structural GARCH: The Volatility-Leverage Connection,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 31(2), pages 449-492.
- Robert Engle & Emil Siriwardane, 2014. "Structural GARCH: The Volatility-Leverage Connection," Working Papers 14-07, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Shimizu, Katsutoshi & Ly, Kim Cuong, 2017. "Were regulatory interventions effective in lowering systemic risk during the financial crisis in Japan?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 80-91.
- Maarten van Oordt & Chen Zhou, 2015. "Systemic risk of European banks: Regulators and markets," DNB Working Papers 478, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Abendschein, Michael & Grundke, Peter, 2018. "On the ranking consistency of global systemic risk measures: empirical evidence," VfS Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy 181623, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bernal, Oscar & Gnabo, Jean-Yves & Guilmin, Grégory, 2014. "Assessing the contribution of banks, insurance and other financial services to systemic risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 270-287.
- Liu, Xiaochun, 2017. "Measuring systemic risk with regime switching in tails," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 55-72.
- Van Cauwenberge, Annelies & Vancauteren, Mark & Braekers, Roel & Vandemaele, Sigrid, 2019. "International trade, foreign direct investments, and firms’ systemic risk : Evidence from the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 361-386.
- Hmissi, Bochra & Bejaoui, Azza & Snoussi, Wafa, 2017. "On identifying the domestic systemically important banks: The case of Tunisia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1343-1354.
- Peter Grundke, 2019. "Ranking consistency of systemic risk measures: a simulation-based analysis in a banking network model," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 953-990, May.
- Löffler, Gunter & Raupach, Peter, 2013. "Robustness and informativeness of systemic risk measures," Discussion Papers 04/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Leong, Soon Heng & Pellegrini, Carlo Bellavite & Urga, Giovanni, 2020. "The contribution of shadow insurance to systemic risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Mauro Bernardi & Leopoldo Catania, 2015. "Switching-GAS Copula Models With Application to Systemic Risk," Papers 1504.03733, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2016.
- Fang, Libing & Sun, Boyang & Li, Huijing & Yu, Honghai, 2018. "Systemic risk network of Chinese financial institutions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 190-206.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:06:y:2014:i:2:p:069-080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.