Financial Development and the Velocity of Money in Nigeria: An Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bordo, Michael D. & Jonung, Lars, 1990.
"The long-run behavior of velocity: The institutional approach revisited,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 165-197.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1989. "The Long-Run Behavior of Velocity: The Institutional Approach Revisited," NBER Working Papers 3204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1991. "Financial evolution and the long-run behavior of velocity : new evidence from U.S. regional data," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 77(Nov), pages 16-26.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Milton Friedman, 1959.
"The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results, pages 1-29,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 327-327.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie59-1, September.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Michael O.A. Ndanshau, 1996.
"The behaviour of income velocity in Tanzania 1967-1994,"
50, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Ndanshau, M-O-A, 1996. "The Behaviour of Income Velocity in Tanzania, 1967-1994," Papers 50, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Darrat, Ali F., 1985. "The demand for money in a developing economy: The case of Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(10-11), pages 1163-1170.
- Siklos, Pierre L, 1993.
"Income Velocity and Institutional Change: Some New Time Series Evidence, 1870-1986,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 377-392, August.
- Siklos, P.L., 1991. "Income Velocity and Institutional Change: Some New Time Series Evidence, 1870-1986," Working Papers 91150, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Papi, Luca, 1990. "Cointegration, Financial Innovation and Modelling the Demand for Money in Italy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 242-259, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lydia Ndirangu & Esman Morekwa Nyamongo, 2015. "Financial Innovations and Their Implications for Monetary Policy in Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(suppl_1), pages 46-71.
- Ms. Sharmina Khanom, 2019. "Economic Transformation in Bangladesh and the Income Velocity of Broad Money: An Econometric Analysis," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 5(2), pages 408-417, 02-2019.
- Elwasila Saeed Elamin Mohamed, 2020. "Velocity of Money Income and Economic Growth in Sudan: Cointegration and Error Correction Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 10(2), pages 87-98.
- Susan Sunila Sharma & Ferry Syarifuddin, 2019. "Determinants Of Indonesia’S Income Velocity Of Money," Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking, Bank Indonesia, vol. 21(3), pages 1-20, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tsangyao Chang & WentRong Liu & Michael Thompson, 2002. "The Viability of Fiscal Policy in South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0209, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Nafeesa Yunus & Peggy Swanson, 2007. "Modelling Linkages between US and Asia‐Pacific Securitized Property Markets," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 95-122.
- Pami Dua, 2008.
"Analysis of Consumers’ Perceptions of Buying Conditions for Houses,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 335-350, November.
- Pami Dua, 2004. "Analysis of Consumers' Perceptions of Buying Conditions for Houses," Working papers 127, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- H. Bayram Irhan & Nur Dilbaz Alacahan & Levent Korap, 2011.
"An Empirical Model for the Turkish Trade Balance: New Evidence from ARDL Bounds Testing Analyses,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 14(1), pages 38-61, May.
- Korap, Levent, 2011. "An empirical model for the Turkish trade balance: new evidence from ARDL bounds testing analyses," MPRA Paper 32550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung & Pierre Siklos, 1993. "The Common Development of Institutional Change as Measured by Income Velocity: A Century of Evidence from Industrialized Countries," NBER Working Papers 4379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kyriakos Emmanouilidis & Christos Karpetis, 2020. "The Defense–Growth Nexus: A Review of Time Series Methods and Empirical Results," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Kaminski, Jermain & Hopp, Christian & Tykvová, Tereza, 2019. "New technology assessment in entrepreneurial financing – Does crowdfunding predict venture capital investments?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 287-302.
- Masudul Hasan Adil & Neeraj Hatekar & Pravakar Sahoo, 2020. "The Impact of Financial Innovation on the Money Demand Function: An Empirical Verification in India," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 14(1), pages 28-61, February.
- Surajit Deb, 2003. "Terms of Trade and Supply Response of Indian Agriculture: Analysis in Cointegration Framework," Working papers 115, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Manolis Kavussanos & Ilias Visvikis & David Menachof, 2005. "The Unbiasedness Hypothesis in the Freight Forward Market: Evidence from Cointegration Tests," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 241-266, October.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2010. "The determinants of health expenditure in Malaysia: A time series analysis," MPRA Paper 24356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yap, Wei Yim & Lam, Jasmine S.L., 2006. "Competition dynamics between container ports in East Asia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 35-51, January.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:157-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Sayef Bakari, 2017.
"The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia,"
Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 72-87, December.
- Bakari, Sayef, 2017. "The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia," MPRA Paper 80722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derek Bond & Michael J. Harrison & Edward J. O'Brien, 2005.
"Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep20021, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Bond, Derek & Harrison, Michael J & O’Brien, Edward J., 2006. "Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/06, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Caner Demir, 2019. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Market Fluctuations: The Case of BIST-100," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Wang, Peijie & Brand, Steven, 2015. "A new approach to estimating value–income ratios with income growth and time-varying yields," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 182-187.
- Garg, Bhavesh & Prabheesh, K.P., 2021. "Testing the intertemporal sustainability of current account in the presence of endogenous structural breaks: Evidence from the top deficit countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 365-379.
- Levent KORAP, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Determination Of Tl/Us$:A Co-Integration Approach,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 7(1), pages 24-50, May.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Exchange rate determination of TL/US$: a co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 19659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shabbir Ahmad & Abul Shamsuddin & Malcolm Treadgold, 2012. "A monetary analysis of foreign exchange market disequilibrium in Fiji," International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 66-81.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:04:y:2012:i:2:p:097-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.