Financial Development and the Velocity of Money in Nigeria: An Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bordo, Michael D. & Jonung, Lars, 1990.
"The long-run behavior of velocity: The institutional approach revisited,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 165-197.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1989. "The Long-Run Behavior of Velocity: The Institutional Approach Revisited," NBER Working Papers 3204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1991. "Financial evolution and the long-run behavior of velocity : new evidence from U.S. regional data," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov, pages 16-26.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Ndanshau, M-O-A, 1996. "The Behaviour of Income Velocity in Tanzania, 1967-1994," Papers 50, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Milton Friedman, 1959.
"The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results, pages 1-29
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie59-1, December.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 327-327.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Papi, Luca, 1990. "Cointegration, Financial Innovation and Modelling the Demand for Money in Italy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 242-259, September.
- Siklos, Pierre L, 1993.
"Income Velocity and Institutional Change: Some New Time Series Evidence, 1870-1986,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 377-392, August.
- Siklos, P.L., 1991. "Income Velocity and Institutional Change: Some New Time Series Evidence, 1870-1986," Working Papers 91150, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Darrat, Ali F., 1985. "The demand for money in a developing economy: The case of Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(10-11), pages 1163-1170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lydia Ndirangu & Esman Morekwa Nyamongo, 2015. "Financial Innovations and Their Implications for Monetary Policy in Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(suppl_1), pages 46-71.
- repec:arp:tjssrr:2019:p:408-417 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idn:journl:v:21:y:2019:i:3c:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:04:y:2012:i:2:p:097-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatu Lucian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.