Corrupción y captura en la regulación de los servicios públicos
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lambsdorff, Johann Graf, 2002. "Corruption and Rent-Seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 113(1-2), pages 97-125, October.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1991.
"The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1089-1127.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture," Working papers 506, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques LAFFONT & Jean TIROLE, 1990. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making : a Theory of Regulatory Capture," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 9004, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- David Martimort, 1999. "The Life Cycle of Regulatory Agencies: Dynamic Capture and Transaction Costs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 929-947.
- Manzetti, Luigi, 1999. "Privatization South American Style," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198294665.
- Bliss, Christopher & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "Does Competition Kill Corruption?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1001-1023, October.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Ugaz, Cecilia, 2001. "A Public Goods Approach to Regulation of Utilities," WIDER Working Paper Series 009, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thierry Verdier & Daron Acemoglu, 2000. "The Choice between Market Failures and Corruption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 194-211, March.
- Richard A. Posner, 1974. "Theories of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(2), pages 335-358, Autumn.
- Rafael Di Tella & Alberto Ades, 1999. "Rents, Competition, and Corruption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 982-993, September.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Celentani, Marco & Ganuza, Juan-Jose, 2002. "Corruption and competition in procurement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1273-1303, July.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jahir Alexander GutiÃ©rrez Ossa & Edgar Varela Barrios, 2013. "Estructura de PrestaciÃ³n de los servicios pÃºblicos domiciliarios (SPD) de energÃa elÃ©ctrica en BogotÃ¡ y la Costa AtlÃ¡ntica," Revista Finanzas y Politica Economica, Universidad CatÃ³lica de Colombia, vol. 5(2), pages 115-140, December.
- Juan Carlos Henao & David A. Ortiz Escobar, 2018. "Corrupción en Colombia Tomo 2 Enfoques sectoriales sobre corrupción," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Derecho, number 1025.
- Dilia Paola GÃ³mez PatiÃ±o, 2012. "Esfuerzos internacionales en el combate a la corrupciÃ³n," Revista Saber, Ciencia y Libertad, Universidad Libre - Sede Cartagena, vol. 7(2), pages 63-74, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Toke S. Aidt, 2016. "Rent seeking and the economics of corruption," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 142-157, June.
- Kenny, Charles & Soreide, Tina, 2008. "Grand Corruption in Utilities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4805, The World Bank.
- Pieroni, L. & d'Agostino, G., 2013.
"Corruption and the effects of economic freedom,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 54-72.
- Pieroni, Luca & d'Agostino, Giorgio, 2009. "Corruption and the Effects of Economic Freedom," MPRA Paper 18731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Pieroni & Giorgio D'Agostino, 2011. "Corruption and the effects of economic freedom," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0133, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014. "Firmes industrielles concurrence et corruption [Industrial firms competition and corruption]," MPRA Paper 57284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Weijia & Roland, Gérard & Xie, Yang, 2020. "Erosion of state power, corruption control, and political stability," BOFIT Discussion Papers 5/2020, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Foellmi, Reto & Oechslin, Manuel, 2007.
"Who gains from non-collusive corruption?,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 95-119, January.
- Reto Foellmi & Manuel Oechslin, "undated". "Who Gains From Non-Collusive Corruption?," IEW - Working Papers 142, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Oechslin, Manuel & Reto Foellmi, 2003. "Who Gains from Non-Collusive Corruption?," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 159, Royal Economic Society.
- Oluremi Ogun, 2018. "Corruption And Growth: The Productivity Growth Nexus," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 63(05), pages 1227-1244, December.
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 1-35, March.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
- Drugov, Mikhail, 2010. "Competition in bureaucracy and corruption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 107-114, July.
- Luigi Bonaventura & Andrea Consoli & Matteo Richiardi & Salvo Spagano, 2006. "Politics and the Labor Market: The Role of Frictions," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 53, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Antonio Estache & Liam Wren-Lewis, 2010.
"What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation,"
Working Papers ECARES
ECARES 2010-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Wren-Lewis, Liam, 2010. "What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8082, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Celentani & Juan-José Ganuza, 2002. "Organized vs. Competitive Corruption," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 293-315, January.
- Stephane Straub, 2005. "Corruption and Product Market Competition," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 131, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Stéphane Straub, 2009. "Regulatory Intervention, Corruption and Competition," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(1), pages 123-148, September.
- Arusha Cooray & Friedrich Schneider, 2018. "Does corruption throw sand into or grease the wheels of financial sector development?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 177(1), pages 111-133, October.
- Mungiu-Pippidi, Alina & Hartmann, Till, 2019. "Corruption and Development: A Reappraisal," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Blackburn, Keith & Forgues-Puccio, Gonzalo F., 2009.
"Why is corruption less harmful in some countries than in others?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 797-810, December.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2007. "Why is Corruption Less Harmful in Some Countries Than in Others?," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 88, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2009. "Why is Corruption Less Harmful in Some Countries Than in Others?," Post-Print hal-00725353, HAL.
- Guriev, Sergei, 2004. "Red tape and corruption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 489-504, April.
- Keith Blackburn & Rashmi Sarmah, 2006.
"Red Tape, Corruption and Finance,"
Economics Discussion Paper Series
0639, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Keith Blackburn & Rashmi Sarmah, 2006. "Red Tape, Corruption and Finance," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 82, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Dzhumashev, Ratbek, 2014. "Corruption and growth: The role of governance, public spending, and economic development," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 202-215.
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; capture; regulation; public services;
All these keywords.
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- L97 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Utilities: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:7:y:2005:i:13:p:245-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feextco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Paola Rodríguez (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feextco.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.