A Century of Stock-Bond Correlations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick D'Arcy & Emily Poole, 2010. "Interpreting Market Responses to Economic Data," RBA Bulletin (Print copy discontinued), Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 35-42, September.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Beltratti, Andrea E., 1992.
"Stock prices and bond yields : Can their comovements be explained in terms of present value models?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 25-46, October.
- Robert J. Shiller & Andrea E. Beltratti, 1990. "Stock Prices and Bond Yields: Can Their Comovements Be Explained in Terms of Present Value Models?," NBER Working Papers 3464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller & Andrea E. Beltratti, 1990. "Stock Prices and Bond Yields: Can Their Co-Movements Be Explained in Terms of Present Value Models?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 953, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- d'Addona, Stefano & Kind, Axel H., 2006.
"International stock-bond correlations in a simple affine asset pricing model,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2747-2765, October.
- Stefano d'Addona & Axel H. Kind, 2005. "International Stock-Bond Correlations in a Simple Affine Asset Pricing Model," Finance 0502018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Dick, Christian D. & Schmeling, Maik & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2013.
"Macro-expectations, aggregate uncertainty, and expected term premia,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 58-80.
- Christian D. Dick & Maik Schmeling & Andreas Schrimpf, 2010. "Macro Expectations, Aggregate Uncertainty, and Expected Term Premia," CREATES Research Papers 2010-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Dick, Christian D. & Schmeling, Maik & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2010. "Macro expectations, aggregate uncertainty, and expected term premia," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-064, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Connolly, Robert & Stivers, Chris & Sun, Licheng, 2005. "Stock Market Uncertainty and the Stock-Bond Return Relation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 161-194, March.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2013. "Long-Term Interest Rates : a speech at the Annual Monetary/Macroeconomics Conference: The Past and Future of Monetary Policy, sponsored by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, San Francisco, Califor," Speech 629, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:glofin:v:41:y:2019:i:c:p:60-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:47-48:y:2018:i::p:76-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcello Pericoli, 2018. "Macroeconomics determinants of the correlation between stocks and bonds," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1198, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:bla:buecrs:v:70:y:2018:i:1:p:e29-e49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gupta, Rangan & Kollias, Christos & Papadamou, Stephanos & Wohar, Mark E., 2018.
"News implied volatility and the stock-bond nexus: Evidence from historical data for the USA and the UK markets,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47, pages 76-90.
- Rangan Gupta & Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Mark E. Wohar, 2017. "News Implied Volatility and the Stock-Bond Nexus: Evidence from Historical Data for the USA and the UK Markets," Working Papers 201730, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEquity prices; bond yields; US Treasuries; S&P 500; correlations; asset prices; risk-on risk-off; stock-bond correlation; portfolio theory; US; United States; Japan; Australia; United Kingdom; UK;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbabul:sep2014-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.