Marketing Policies Through The Internet: The Case Of Skiing Centers In Greece
Lately, Internet constitutes a major tool for transactions in every aspect and supports innovative marketing policies. Broadband Internet has become “the key to success” for businesses, as it offers various advantages and benefits through Internet marketing (e-marketing) policies. In Greece, mountainous areas are usually covered with snow during winter months; so, skiing centers have become an important asset for winter tourism. The Internet evolution and the development of network infrastructure enhance marketing policies for winter tourism activities. This paper studies the use of marketing policies in Greek skiing centers through the Internet, such as promotional activities, website interactivity, accommodation & entertainment information, online weather forecast, guest book, etc Therefore, the paper aims to optimize and evaluate skiing centers in Greece, qualitatively and quantitatively according to e-marketing policies used as criteria, based on the multicriteria method of PROMETHEE II and further to classify them in groups. Finally we identify and describe the optimum group of skiing centers to be used as a model with enhanced customer communication services.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mladineo, N. & Margeta, J. & Brans, J.P. & Mareschal, B., 1987.
"Multicriteria ranking of alternative locations for small scale hydro plants,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 215-222, August.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Nenad Mladineo & Jure Margeta & Jean Pierre Brans, 1987. "Multicriteria ranking of alternative locations for small scale hydro plants," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9315, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Koutroumanidis, Theodoros & Iliadis, Lazaros S. & Arabatzis, Garyfallos, 2004. "Evaluation and Forecasting of the Financial Performance of the Unions of Rural Cooperatives by a Decision Support System," Japanese Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan (AESJ), vol. 6.
- Brans, J. P. & Macharis, C. & Kunsch, P. L. & Chevalier, A. & Schwaninger, M., 1998. "Combining multicriteria decision aid and system dynamics for the control of socio-economic processes. An iterative real-time procedure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 428-441, September.
- Siskos, J. & Zopounidis, C., 1987. "The evaluation criteria of the venture capital investment activity: An interactive assessment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 304-313, September.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Alphonce, Christian B., 1997. "Application of the analytic hierarchy process in agriculture in developing countries," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 97-112, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pts:journl:y:2012:i:1:p:66-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Logica Banica)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.