The Estimation of Internal Rates of Return on Human Capital Investment Differenced by Study Fields, Sex and Regions
The aim of paper is to estimate internal rates on return on human capital investment in the Czech Republic. Internal rates of returns are estimated from the point of view of individuals and society. Authors did their own computations and estimations, which are based on some selected data: REFLEX survey, Eurostudent IV survey, data about wage development from Czech Statistical Office and from Information system about average salaries. Internal rates of return are differenced by study fields, regions and sex. Pares also reflects the current demographic situation in the Czech Republic and thoughts about reform of tertiary educational system including tuition fees at public universities.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ciccone, Antonio & Peri, Giovanni, 2002.
"Identifying Human Capital Externalities: Theory with an Application to US Cities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Peri, Giovanni, 2002. "Identifying Human Capital Externalities: Theory with an Application to US Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 488, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Antonio Ciccone & Giovanni Peri, 2002. "Indentifying human capital externalities: Theory with an application to US cities," Economics Working Papers 611, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2005.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 9.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, May.
- Corrado Andini, 2007. "Returns to education and wage equations: a dynamic approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 577-579.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2012:y:2012:i:5:id:864:p:563-589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.