Investigating the Economic Impact of Immigration on the Host Country: The Case of Norway
This article aims at investigating the nature of the causal relationship between immigration and economic development measured by GDP per capita in Norway using Granger causality test. The results on the unit root test indicate that all the series are non-stationary and are in I(1) process. The Johansen cointegration test reveals that there is no cointegration among the data sets. The Granger causality test shows that when the level of immigration increases, GDP per capita also increases. It has also been found that immigration has no impact on unemployment, and vice versa.
Volume (Year): 2005 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Editorial office Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/pep/ Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rachel M. Friedberg, 2001.
"The Impact of Mass Migration on the Israeli Labor Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1373-1408.
- Rachel M. Friedberg, 1996. "The Impact of Mass Migration on the Israeli Labor Market," Working Papers 1996-28, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Borjas, George J & Freeman, Richard B & Katz, Lawrence, 1996. "Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 246-251, May.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1996. "Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 5454, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Withers, Glenn & Pope, David, 1985. "Immigration and Unemployment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 61(173), pages 554-563, June.
- Jolley, A N E, 1971. "Immigration and Australia's Post-war Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 47(117), pages 47-59, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpep:v:2005:y:2005:i:4:id:270:p:350-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.