Vertical Linkages in Agri-Food Supply Chains: Changing Roles for Producers, Commodity Groups, and Government Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brester, Gary W. & Penn, J.B., 1999. "Strategic Business Management Principles For The Agricultural Production Sector In A Changing Global Food System," Policy Issues Papers 29161, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, Trade Research Center.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 1999. "Vertical Coordination in the Pork and Broiler Industries: Implications for Pork and Chicken Products," Agricultural Economic Reports 34031, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Mahlon G. Lang, 1980. "Marketing Alternatives and Resource Allocation: Case Studies of Collective Bargaining," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(4), pages 760-765.
- Paarlberg, Philip L. & Boehlje, Michael & Foster, Kenneth A. & Doering, Otto C., III & Tyner, Wallace E., 1999. "Structural Change And Market Performance In Agriculture: Critical Issues And Concerns About Concentration In The Pork Industry," Staff Papers 28654, Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Young, Linda M. & Hobbs, Jill E., 2000. "Public Policy Responses To Increased Vertical Linkages In Agri-Food Supply Chains," Research Discussion Papers 29237, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, Trade Research Center.
- Preckel, Paul V. & Boehlje, Michael & Gray, Allan W. & Kim, Sounghun, 2004. "Vertically Aligned Vs. Open Market Coordination: Dominance Or Co-Existence?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20099, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Poray, Michael C. & Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael, 2002. "Evaluation of Alternative Coordination Systems Between Producers and Packers in the Pork Value Chain," Staff Papers 200386, Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Gollehon, Noel R. & Caswell, Margriet & Ribaudo, Marc & Kellogg, Robert L. & Lander, Charles & Letson, David, 2000. "Confined Animal Production And Manure Nutrients," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36382, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boetel, Brenda L. & Liu, Donald J., 2010. "Estimating Structural Changes in the Vertical Price Relationships in U.S. Beef and Pork Markets," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 1-17, August.
- Rick Welsh & Bryan Hubbell & Chantal Line Carpentier, 2003. "Agro-Food System Restructuring and the Geographic Concentration of US Swine Production," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 35(2), pages 215-229, February.
- Goodwin, Harold L., Jr. & Djunaidi, Harjanto, 2000. "A Necessary Condition For Market Integration Tests: The Cases Of The U.S. Broiler Industry," Staff Papers 15781, University of Arkansas, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- Brester, Gary W. & Marsh, John M., 2001. "The Effects Of U.S. Meat Packing And Livestock Production Technologies On Marketing Margins And Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 1-18, December.
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Montoya, Daniel & Ciravegna, Luciano, 2014. "Differentiation strategies in emerging markets: The case of Latin American agribusinesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 847-855.
- Ronald Rich, 2008. "Fecal free: Biology and authority in industrialized Midwestern pork production," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2001. "Cash Market Or Contract? How Technology And Consumer Demand Influence The Decision," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20723, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2000. "Price and Quality of Pork and Broiler Products: What's the Role of Vertical Coordination?," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33759, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sanjib Bhuyan, 2002. "Impact of Vertical Mergers on Industry Profitability: An Empirical Evaluation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(1), pages 61-79, February.
- MacDonald, James M. & Perry, Janet E. & Ahearn, Mary Clare & Banker, David E. & Chambers, William & Dimitri, Carolyn & Key, Nigel D. & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Southard, Leland W., 2004. "Contracts, Markets, and Prices: Organizing the Production and Use of Agricultural Commodities," Agricultural Economic Reports 34013, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Julio Peña Torres, 2005. "Informal Markets, Perishability and Vertical Control: Brokerage of Artisanal Landings," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv165, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- McBride, William D. & Key, Nigel D., 2003. "Economic And Structural Relationships In U.S. Hog Production," Agricultural Economic Reports 33971, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sanjib Bhuyan, 2005. "An empirical evaluation of factors determining vertical integration in U.S. food manufacturing industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 429-445.
- John Wilson, 1986. "The Political Economy of Contract Farming," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 47-70, December.
- McNeil, Allan O. & Kerr, William A., 1997. "Vertical coordination in a post-command agricultural system--Can Russian dairy farms be transformed?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 253-268.
- Carolina Liljenstolpe, 2008. "Evaluating animal welfare with choice experiments: an application to Swedish pig production," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 67-84.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:24:y:2002:i:2:p:428-441.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.