The Effect of Fragmentation and Second-Order Devolution on Efficacy of Local Public Welfare Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eberts, Randall W. & Gronberg, Timothy J., 1990.
"Structure, Conduct, and Performance in the Local Public Sector,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 43(2), pages 165-173, June.
- Randall W. Eberts & Timothy J. Gronberg, 1989. "Structure, conduct, and performance in the local public sector," Working Paper 8910, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Shanthi Karuppusamy & Jered B. Carr, 2012. "Interjurisdictional Competition and Local Public Finance: Assessing the Modifying Effects of Institutional Incentives and Fiscal Constraints," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(7), pages 1549-1569, May.
- Richard C. Feiock, 2004. "Politics, Institutions and Local Land-use Regulation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(2), pages 363-375, February.
- Nelson, Michael A, 1987. "Searching for Leviathan: Comment and Extension," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 198-204, March.
- Brambor, Thomas & Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt, 2006. "Understanding Interaction Models: Improving Empirical Analyses," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 63-82, December.
- Richard J. Cebula, 1978. "An Empirical Note on the Tiebout-Tullock Hypothesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 705-711.
- Richard V. Adkisson & James T. Peach, 2000. "DEVOLUTION and RECENTRALIZATION OF WELFARE ADMINISTRATION: Implications for "New Federalism"," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 17(2-3), pages 160-178, June.
- Bahl, Roy & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Wallace, Sally, 2002. "State and Local Government Choices in Fiscal Redistribution," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 55(4), pages 723-742, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:99:y:2005:i:04:p:505-519_05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hatice Balli & Bent Sørensen, 2013. "Interaction effects in econometrics," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 583-603, August.
- Thomas L. Gais, 2009. "Stretched Net: The Retrenchment of State and Local Social Welfare Spending Before the Recession," Publius: The Journal of Federalism, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 557-579, Summer.
- W. Norton Grubb, 1984. "The price of local discretion: Inequalities in welfare spending within texas," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(3), pages 359-372.
- Gordon Jong & Deborah Graefe & Tanja St. Pierre, 2005. "Welfare reform and interstate migration of poor families," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 469-496, August.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Brian J. Cushing, 1993. "The Effect of the Social Welfare System on Metropolitan Migration in the US, by Income Group, Gender and Family Structure," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(2), pages 325-337, March.
- Franzese, Robert J. & Hays, Jude C., 2007. "Spatial Econometric Models of Cross-Sectional Interdependence in Political Science Panel and Time-Series-Cross-Section Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 140-164, March.
- Pauly, Mark V., 1973. "Income redistribution as a local public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 35-58, February.
- Zax, Jeffrey S, 1989. "Is There a Leviathan in Your Neighborhood?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 560-567, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:99:y:2005:i:01:p:125-135_05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward M. Gramlich & Deborah S. Laren, 1984. "Migration and Income Redistribution Responsibilities," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 489-511.
- Martin, Dolores Tremewan & Wagner, Richard E, 1978. "The Institutional Framework for Municipal Incorporation: An Economic Analysis of Local Agency Formation Commissions in California," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 409-425, October.
- Blank, Rebecca M., 1988. "The effect of welfare and wage levels on the location decisions of female-headed households," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 186-211, September.
- Mark H. Harvey, 2013. "Inside the ‘Smoke-Filled Room’: Neoliberal Devolution and the Politics of Workfare in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 641-662, March.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Interstate Migration and the Tiebout Hypothesis: An Analysis According to Race, Sex, and Age," MPRA Paper 49827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 1974.
- Fiva, Jon H., 2009. "Does welfare policy affect residential choices? An empirical investigation accounting for policy endogeneity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 529-540, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:publus:v:45:y:2015:i:2:p:270-296.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/publius .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.