The Potential for Transition to Paid Extension: Some Guiding Economic Principles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gershon Feder & Rinku Murgai & Jaime B. Quizon, 2004.
"Sending Farmers Back to School: The Impact of Farmer Field Schools in Indonesia,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 45-62.
- Feder, Gershon & Murgai, Rinku & Quizon, Jaime B., 2003. "Sending farmers back to school - the impact of farmer field schools in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3022, The World Bank.
- Faye, Issa & Deininger, Klaus W., 2005. "Do new delivery systems improve extension access? Evidence from rural Uganda," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19405, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fernando López & Alessandro Maffioli, 2008.
"Technology Adoption, Productivity and Specialization of Uruguayan Breeders: Evidence from an Impact Evaluation,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
3014, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Pavel Luengas & Inder J. Ruprah, 2009. "Should Central Banks Target Happiness? Evidence from Latin America," OVE Working Papers 0209, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Labarthe, Pierre & Laurent, Catherine, 2013. "Privatization of agricultural extension services in the EU: Towards a lack of adequate knowledge for small-scale farms?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 240-252.
- José Miguel Benavente & Gustavo Crespi & Alessandro Maffioli, 2007.
"The Impact of National Research Funds: An Evaluation of the Chilean FONDECYT,"
OVE Working Papers
0307, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Verónica M. Gonzalez Diez & Pablo Ibarrarán & Alessandro Maffioli & Sandra Rozo, 2009. "The Impact of Technology Adoption on Agricultural Productivity: The Case of the Dominican Republic," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3017, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Brian Roe & Timothy C. Haab & Brent Sohngen, 2004.
"The Value of Agricultural Economics Extension Programming: An Application of Contingent Valuation,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(3), pages 373-390.
- Roe, Brian E. & Haab, Timothy C. & Sohngen, Brent, 2002. "The Value Of Agricultural Economics Extension Programming: An Application Of Contingent Valuation," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19861, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Francisca Henriquez, 2009. "Microcrédito y su Impacto: Un Acercamiento con Datos Chilenos," OVE Working Papers 0309, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Labarthe, Pierre, 2005. "Performance of Services: A Framework to Assess Farm Extension Services," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24712, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wandji, Njankoua & Binam, Nyemeck & Sonii, David & Mva Mva, Jonas & Gockowski, James, 2008. "Assessing Potential Impact of a Farmer Field School Training on Perennial Crop in Cameroon," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52103, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Herbert, Ainembabazi & Asten, Piet & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Ouma, Emily & Blomme, Guy & Birachi, Eliud & Manyong, Victor M. & Macharia, Ibrahim, 2015. "Improving the adoption of agricultural technologies and farm performance through farmer groups: Evidence from the Great Lakes Region of Africa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 210939, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jabbar, Mohammad A. & Akter, Shaheen, 2008.
"Market and Other Factors Affecting Farm Specific Production Efficiency in Pig production in Vietnam,"
182158, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Jabbar, Mohammad A. & Akter, Shaheen, 2008. "Market and other factors affecting farm specific production efficiency in pig production in Vietnam," Research Reports 182988, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Alessandro Maffioli & Diego Ubfal & Gonzalo Vazquez-Bare & Pedro Cerdan-Infantes, 2013. "Improving technology adoption in agriculture through extension services: evidence from Uruguay," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 64-81, March.
- Pedro Cerdán-Infantes & Alessandro Maffioli & Diego Ubfal, 2008. "The Impact of Agricultural Extension Services: The Case of Grape Production in Argentina," OVE Working Papers 0508, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Oppen, Matthias Von, 2007.
"Farmer willingness to pay for seed-related information: rice varieties in Nigeria and Benin,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(06), pages 799-825, December.
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & von Oppen, Matthias, 2005. "Farmer willingness to pay for seed-related information: rice varieties in Nigeria and Benin," EPTD discussion papers 142, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lohr, Luanne & Park, Timothy, 2012.
"Demand for Private Marketing Expertise by Organic Farmers: A Quantile Analysis Based on Counts,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 157-171, May.
- Lohr, Luanne & Park, Timothy A., 2012. "Demand for Private Marketing Expertise by Organic Farmers: A Quantile Analysis Based on Counts," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(02), May.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Matching demand and supply in the agricultural knowledge infrastructure: Experiences with innovation intermediaries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 260-276, June.
- Hashemi, Seyyed Mahmoud & Hedjazi, Yousef, 2011. "Factors affecting members' evaluation of agri-business ventures' effectiveness," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 51-59, February.
- Benjamin Musah Abu & Haruna Issahaku & Paul Kwame Nkegbe, 2016. "Farmgate versus market centre sales: a multi-crop approach," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Poulton, Colin & Macartney, Jon, 2012. "Can Public–Private Partnerships Leverage Private Investment in Agricultural Value Chains in Africa? A Preliminary Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 96-109.
- Binam, Joachim Nyemeck & Tonye, Jean & wandji, Njankoua & Nyambi, Gwendoline & Akoa, Mireille, 2004. "Factors affecting the technical efficiency among smallholder farmers in the slash and burn agriculture zone of Cameroon," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 531-545, October.
- Winnie Wangari Wairimu & Ian Christoplos & Dorothea Hilhorst, 2016. "From crisis to development: the policy and practice of agricultural service provision in northern Uganda," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(4), pages 799-812, December.
- Marielle Berriet-Solliec & Jacques Baudry & Pierre Labarthe, 2010. "L'évaluation des politiques à l'épreuve des faits : apports des débats autour des approches evidence based policies," INRA UMR CESAER Working Papers 2010/5, INRA UMR CESAER, Centre d'’Economie et Sociologie appliquées à l'’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:83:y:2001:i:3:p:777-784. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.