Econometric Evidences of Political Business Cycles in Romania during the socialist regime and after
In this paper we analyse the link between politics and economics in Romania under the socialist regime and during the first years of democracy. To investigate this relationship, we focus on how the electoral moments (election's dates for Great National Assembly) or political events (years of Communist Party Congresses) are related to the change of economic performance between 1960 and 1989. For the situation after the Revolution in 1989, we analyse the regional evidences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (Ianuary)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +040.21.330.90.32|
Web page: http://www.univnt.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nannestad, Peter & Paldam, Martin, 1994. "The VP-Function: A Survey of the Literature on Vote and Popularity Functions after 25 Years," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(3-4), pages 213-245, June.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Alberto Alesina & Nouriel Roubini & Gerald D. Cohen, 1997. "Political Cycles and the Macroeconomy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510944, July.
- Jan-Peter OLTERS, 2004. "The Political Business Cycle At Sixty: Towards A Neo-Kaleckian Understanding Of Political Economy," Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy, L'Harmattan, issue 46, pages 91-130.
- Jennifer Gandhi & Adam Przeworski, 2006. "Cooperation, Cooptation, And Rebellion Under Dictatorships," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntcmss:vol1-iss1-13-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Ciucu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.