Econometric Evidences of Political Business Cycles in Romania during the socialist regime and after
In this paper we analyse the link between politics and economics in Romania under the socialist regime and during the first years of democracy. To investigate this relationship, we focus on how the electoral moments (election's dates for Great National Assembly) or political events (years of Communist Party Congresses) are related to the change of economic performance between 1960 and 1989. For the situation after the Revolution in 1989, we analyse the regional evidences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (Ianuary)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +040.21.330.90.32|
Web page: http://www.univnt.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125517 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan-Peter OLTERS, 2004. "The Political Business Cycle At Sixty: Towards A Neo-Kaleckian Understanding Of Political Economy," Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy, L'Harmattan, issue 46, pages 91-130.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135.
- Alberto Alesina & Nouriel Roubini & Gerald D. Cohen, 1997. "Political Cycles and the Macroeconomy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510944, June.
- Jennifer Gandhi & Adam Przeworski, 2006. "Cooperation, Cooptation, And Rebellion Under Dictatorships," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, 03.
- Nannestad, Peter & Paldam, Martin, 1994. " The VP-Function: A Survey of the Literature on Vote and Popularity Functions after 25 Years," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(3-4), pages 213-45, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntcmss:vol1-iss1-13-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Ciucu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.