A Note on Estimating Cross-Border Effects of State Cigarette Taxes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barzel, Yoram, 1976. "An Alternative Approach to the Analysis of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1177-1197, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Viola Lamani, 2020.
"International trade, quality sorting and trade costs: the case of Cognac,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 156(3), pages 579-609, August.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Viola Lamani, 2017. "International Trade, Quality Sorting and Trade Costs: The Case of Cognac," Working Papers 2017-18, CEPII research center.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Viola Lamani, 2020. "International trade, quality sorting and trade costs: the case of Cognac," Post-Print hal-02918990, HAL.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Viola Lamani, 2018. "International Trade, Quality Sorting and Trade Costs: The Case of Cognac," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2018-05, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Blum, Bianca, 2018. "Ausgestaltung einer Steuerpolitik zur Förderung von LED-Beleuchtung," The Constitutional Economics Network Working Papers 01-2018, University of Freiburg, Department of Economic Policy and Constitutional Economic Theory.
- Todd M. Nesbit, 2005. "Excise Taxation and Product Quality: The Gasoline Market," Working Papers 05-11 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Lesley Chiou & Erich Muehlegger, 2014.
"Consumer Response to Cigarette Excise Tax Changes,"
National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 67(3), pages 621-650, September.
- Chiou, Lesley & Muehlegger, Eric, 2010. "Consumer Response to Cigarette Excise Tax Changes," Working Paper Series rwp10-020, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Chiou, Lesley & Muehlegger, Erich J., 2010. "Consumer Response to Cigarette Excise Tax Changes," Scholarly Articles 4448875, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Genakos, Christos D. & Pagliero, Mario, 2019.
"Competition and Pass-Through: Evidence from Isolated Markets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
13882, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christos Genakos & Mario Pagliero, 2019. "Competition and pass-through: evidence from isolated markets," CEP Discussion Papers dp1638, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Genakos, Christos & Pagliero, Mario, 2019. "Competition and pass-through: evidence from isolated markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 103397, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sanz Labrador, Ismael & Sanz-Sanz, José Félix, 2013. "Política fiscal y crecimiento económico: consideraciones microeconómicas y relaciones macroeconómicas," Macroeconomía del Desarrollo 134, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Lewit, Eugene M. & Coate, Douglas, 1982.
"The potential for using excise taxes to reduce smoking,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate, 1981. "The Potential for Using Excise Taxes to Reduce Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shyam Kamath, 1988. "Partially suppressed markets: Controls, rent seeking and the cost of protection in the indian sugar industry," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 124(1), pages 140-160, March.
- Michael Keen, 1998. "The balance between specific and ad valorem taxation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 1-37, February.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald Kenkel & Feng Liu, 2015.
"Reservation Prices: An Economic Analysis of Cigarette Purchases on Indian Reservations,"
National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 68(1), pages 93-118, March.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Feng Liu, 2014. "Reservation Prices: An Economic Analysis of Cigarette Purchases on Indian Reservations," NBER Working Papers 20778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, Jon Paul, 2020. "Fixed-effect versus random-effects meta-analysis in economics: A study of pass-through rates for alcohol beverage excise taxes," Economics Discussion Papers 2020-1, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Roman Inderst & Frank Maier-Rigaud & Ulrich Schwalbe, 2013.
"Quantifizierung von Schäden durch Wettbewerbsverstöße,"
2013-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- F. Maier-Rigaud & R. Inderst & U. Schwalbe, 2013. "Quantifizierung von Schäden durch Wettbewerbsverstöße," Post-Print hal-00845779, HAL.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2020. "Excise Taxation for Domestic Resource Mobilization," CESifo Working Paper Series 8442, CESifo.
- Stuart Fowler & William Ford, 2004. "Has a quarter-trillion-dollar settlement helped the tobacco industry?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 28(3), pages 430-444, September.
- Robert Lawson & Todd Nesbit, 2013. "Alchian and Allen Revisited: Law Enforcement and the Price of Weed," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 363-370, December.
- Markus Dertwinkel-Kalt & Katrin Köhler & Mirjam R. J. Lange & Tobias Wenzel, 2017.
"Demand Shifts Due to Salience Effects: Experimental Evidence,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 626-653.
- Dertwinkel-Kalt, Markus & Köhler, Katrin & Lange, Mirjam R. J. & Wenzel, Tobias, 2016. "Demand shifts due to salience effects: Experimental evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 216, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Blum, Bianca, 2020. "Fleischbesteuerung in Deutschland - Mengen- oder Mehrwertsteuer? Diskussion und Politische Implikationen," The Constitutional Economics Network Working Papers 01-2020, University of Freiburg, Department of Economic Policy and Constitutional Economic Theory.
- DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Donald & Liu, Feng, 2013.
"Excise tax avoidance: The case of state cigarette taxes,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1130-1141.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Feng Liu, 2010. "Excise Tax Avoidance: The Case of State Cigarette Taxes," NBER Working Papers 15941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Calcott & Vladimir Petkov, 2016. "Corrective Taxes and Cigarette Characteristics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(7), pages 844-859, July.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1998.
"The Tobacco Deal,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1998 Micr), pages 323-394.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Klemperer, Paul, 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," CEPR Discussion Papers 2125, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," HEW 9904002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bulow, J. & Klemperer, P., 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," Economics Papers 1999-w11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:48:y:1995:i:4:p:573-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sally Sztrecska). General contact details of provider: https://www.ntanet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.