Analysis of the hysteresis of unemployment in Mexico in the face of macroeconomic shocks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Göcke, 2002. "Various Concepts of Hysteresis Applied in Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 167-188, April.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Juan Byron Correa F & Javier Andrés Castro H & Olga Lucía Bríñez G & Christian Manuel Posso S, 2006. "Histéresis en el desempleo en Colombia o presencia de cambio estructural," Documentos de Trabajo - CIDSE 004179, Universidad del Valle - CIDSE.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing for Higher Order Serial Correlation in Regression Equations When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1303-1310, November.
- anonymous, 1987. "Comment requested on proposed amendment," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Mar, pages 211-211.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001.
"El Desempleo en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
176, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango T. & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "El Desempleo En Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002495, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango T. & Carlos Esteban Posada P., 2001. "El desempleo en Colombia," Coyuntura Social 012955, Fedesarrollo.
- Cross, Rod, 1993. "On the Foundations of Hysteresis in Economic Systems," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 53-74, April.
- José Carlos Trejo García & Francisco Venegas-Martínez, 2010. "Persistencia Inflacionaria: El Caso Mexicano 2000-2008," Economia y Sociedad., Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Facultad de Economia, issue 26, pages 63-81, Julio-Dic.
- Crep, 1987. "Indicateurs de comportement d'épargne. Commentaire," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 3(3), pages 114-120.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Avinash Dixit, 1989. "Hysteresis, Import Penetration, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 205-228.
- anonymous, 1987. "Commentary on Regulation E revised April 1, 1987," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue May, pages 350-350.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- José Carlos Trejo García & Estefanía Carolina Rivera Hernández & Humberto Ríos Bolívar, 2017. "Análisis de la histéresis del desempleo en México ante shocks macroeconómicos, 1999-2014," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 62(4), pages 1228-1248, Octubre-D.
- Ahmed Ali & Granberg Mark & Uddin Gazi Salah & Troster Victor, 2022.
"Asymmetric dynamics between uncertainty and unemployment flows in the United States,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 26(1), pages 155-172, February.
- Ahmed, Ali & Granberg, Mark & Troster, Victor & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2020. "Asymmetric Dynamics between Uncertainty and Unemployment Flows in the United States," LiU Working Papers in Economics 7, Linköping University, Division of Economics, Department of Management and Engineering.
- Mighri, Zouheir & Ragoubi, Hanen & Sarwar, Suleman & Wang, Yihan, 2022. "Quantile Granger causality between US stock market indices and precious metal prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Uddin, Gazi A. & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff, 2016. "Population age structure and savings rate impacts on economic growth: Evidence from Australia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 23-33.
- Joel Alejandro Rosado & María Isabel Alvarado Sánchez, 2017. "From Population Age Structure and Savings Rate to Economic Growth: Evidence from Ecuador," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 352-361.
- Donald W. Hayes & Cara S. Lown, 1990. "Another look at the credit-output link," Working Papers 9001, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Shammugam, Shivenes & Rathgeber, Andreas & Schlegl, Thomas, 2019. "Causality between metal prices: Is joint consumption a more important determinant than joint production of main and by-product metals?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 49-66.
- Váry, Miklós, 2018. "A hiszterézis közgazdasági jelentőségéről posztkeynesi szemléletben [The economic relevance of hysteresis from a post-Keynesian perspective]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 1006-1047.
- Brunhart, Andreas, 2012.
"Identification of Liechtenstein's Historic Economic Growth and Business Cycles by Econometric Extensions of Data Series,"
44628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brunhart, Andreas, 2012. "Identification of Liechtenstein's historic economic growth and business cycles by econometric extensions of data series," KOFL Working Papers 14, Konjunkturforschungsstelle Liechtenstein (KOFL), Vaduz.
- Váry, Miklós, 2021. "The long-run real effects of monetary shocks: Lessons from a hybrid post-Keynesian-DSGE-agent-based menu cost model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Krämer, Jörg W., 1994. "Zinsgewichtete Geldmengenaggregate und wirtschaftliche Aktivität," Kiel Working Papers 656, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Khaleel, Tarek Mohamed & Shehata, Emad Abd Elmessih, 2004. "دراسة قياسية للنماذج الديناميكية مع تطبيقها على التنبؤ بالعمالة فى مصر [An Econometric Study of Dynamic Models with Application on Forecasting Labor in Egypt]," MPRA Paper 43442, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2004.
- Rodrigo Hakim das Neves, 2020. "Bitcoin pricing: impact of attractiveness variables," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Liow, Kim Hiang & Huang, Yuting, 2018. "The dynamics of volatility connectedness in international real estate investment trusts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 195-210.
- Satya Paul & Colm Kearney & Kabir Chowdhury, 1997. "Inflation and economic growth: a multi-country empirical analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1387-1401.
- W. S. Navin Perera, 2018. "An Analysis of the Behaviour of Prime Lending Rates in Sri Lanka," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 5(2), pages 121-138.
- Syed Tehseen Jawaid & Syed Ali Raza & Khalid Mustafa & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2016. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Lead Export Performance in Pakistan?," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 17(6), pages 1296-1313, December.
- Barunik, Jozef & Krehlik, Tomas, 2016. "Measuring the frequency dynamics of financial and macroeconomic connectedness," FinMaP-Working Papers 54, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Matthias Hartmann & Helmut Herwartz & Yabibal M. Walle, 2012. "Where enterprise leads, finance follows. In-sample and out-of-sample evidence on the causal relation between finance and growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 871-882.
- George Milunovich, 2018.
"Cryptocurrencies, Mainstream Asset Classes and Risk Factors: A Study of Connectedness,"
Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 51(4), pages 551-563, December.
- George Milunovich, 2018. "Cryptocurrencies, Mainstream Asset Classes and Risk Factors - A Study of Connectedness," Papers 1809.03072, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsHysteresis; Unemployment rate; Monetary policy; Labor market; Econometric methods.;
All these keywords.
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nax:conyad:v:62:y:2017:i:4:p:1249-1269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fcunamx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alberto García-Narvaez (Technical Editor) (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fcunamx.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.