The Fed’s inflation target and the background of its announcement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2004. "Why the Federal Reserve Should Not Adopt Inflation Targeting," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 129-136, March.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Andrew Levin & Eric Swanson, 2010. "Does Inflation Targeting Anchor Long-Run Inflation Expectations? Evidence from the U.S., UK, and Sweden," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1208-1242, December.
- Gill Hammond, 2012. "State of the art of inflation targeting," Handbooks, Centre for Central Banking Studies, Bank of England, edition 4, number 29.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2004. "Why the Federal Reserve Should Adopt Inflation Targeting," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 117-127, March.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 2011.
"Using inflation to erode the US public debt,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 524-541.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy Marion, 2009. "Using Inflation to Erode the U.S. Public Debt," NBER Working Papers 15562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 2009. "Using Inflation to Erode the U.S. Public Debt," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6xf174rs, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Kristóf Lehmann, 2012. "International experiences with unconventional central bank instruments," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 7(2), pages 24-30, June.
- Charles I. Plosser, 2011. "Strengthening our monetary policy framework through commitment, credibility, and communication," Speech 58, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- James B. Bullard, 2012. "Inflation targeting in the USA," Speech 191, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Andrew T. Levin & Fabio M. Natalucci & Jeremy M. Piger, 2004. "The macroeconomic effects of inflation targeting," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 51-80.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dániel Felcser, 2013. "How should the central bank react to the VAT increase?," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 8(1), pages 35-41, January.
- István Ábel & Orsolya Csortos & Kristóf Lehmann & Annamária Madarász & Zoltán Szalai, 2014. "Inflation targeting in the light of lessons from the financial crisis," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 13(4), pages 35-56.
More about this item
Keywordsinflation targeting; Federal Reserve; monetary policy.;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mnb:bullet:v:7:y:2012:i:3:p:28-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maja Bajcsy). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mnbgvhu.html .