Financing social security by taxing capital income: A bad idea?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kunze, Lars & Schuppert, Christiane, 2009. "Financing Social Security by Taxing Capital Income – A Bad Idea?," Ruhr Economic Papers 90, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bräuninger, 2005. "Social Security, Unemployment, and Growth," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(4), pages 423-434, August.
- Rivas, Luis A., 2003. "Income taxes, spending composition and long-run growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 477-503, June.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michaelis, Jochen & Birk, Angela, 2006.
"Employment- and growth effects of tax reforms,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 909-925, December.
- Birk, Angela & Michaelis, Jochen, 2004. "Employment- and Growth Effects of Tax Reforms," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 29, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Michaelis, Jochen & Birk, Angela, 2004. "Employment and Growth Effects of Tax Reforms," HWWA Discussion Papers 283, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel, 1996. "Consumption and Income as Tax Bases for Social Security," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 51(1), pages 54-70.
- Kunze, Lars, 2010. "Capital taxation, long-run growth, and bequests," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1067-1082, December.
- Sheng-Cheng Hu, 1996. "Myopia and Social Security Financing," Public Finance Review, , vol. 24(3), pages 319-348, July.
- Caballe, Jordi, 1998. "Growth Effects of Taxation under Altruism and Low Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 92-104, January.
- Shuanglin Lin & Xiaowen Tian, 2003. "Population growth and social security financing," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 91-110, February.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2007. "Environmental Tax Reform, Economic Growth, and Unemployment in an OLG Economy," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 63(1), pages 133-161, March.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Wendner, Ronald, 2001. "An applied dynamic general equilibrium model of environmental tax reforms and pension policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-50, January.
- Planas, Christophe & Roeger, Werner & Rossi, Alessandro, 2007.
"How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1359-1375, April.
- Christophe Planas & Werner Roeger & Alessandro Rossi, 2003. "How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 183, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Christophe Planas & Werner Roeger & Alessandro Rossi, 2004. "How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?," Econometrics 0408005, EconWPA.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2005. "Environmental-tax financed Social Security Tax Cuts and the Double Dividend," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(2), pages 178-178, July.
- Uhlig, Harald & Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1996. "Increasing the capital income tax may lead to faster growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1521-1540, November.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Martin Kaae Jensen, 2007. "Life Cycle Savings, Bequest, and the Diminishing Impact of Scale on Growth," Discussion Papers 07-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Marquardt, Marko, 2000. "Public pensions, unemployment insurance, and growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 293-311, February.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
Keywordslabor market; overlapping generations; social security; capital income taxation;
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:finarc:urn:sici:0015-2218(201009)66:3_243:fssbtc_2.0.tx_2-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohr.de/fa .