Financing social security by taxing capital income: A bad idea?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kunze, Lars & Schuppert, Christiane, 2009. "Financing Social Security by Taxing Capital Income – A Bad Idea?," Ruhr Economic Papers 90, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bräuninger, 2005. "Social Security, Unemployment, and Growth," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(4), pages 423-434, August.
- Rivas, Luis A., 2003. "Income taxes, spending composition and long-run growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 477-503, June.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michaelis, Jochen & Birk, Angela, 2006.
"Employment- and growth effects of tax reforms,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 909-925, December.
- Birk, Angela & Michaelis, Jochen, 2004. "Employment- and Growth Effects of Tax Reforms," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 29, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Michaelis, Jochen & Birk, Angela, 2004. "Employment and Growth Effects of Tax Reforms," HWWA Discussion Papers 283, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel, 1996. "Consumption and Income as Tax Bases for Social Security," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 51(1), pages 54-70.
- Kunze, Lars, 2010. "Capital taxation, long-run growth, and bequests," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1067-1082, December.
- Sheng-Cheng Hu, 1996. "Myopia and Social Security Financing," Public Finance Review, , vol. 24(3), pages 319-348, July.
- Caballe, Jordi, 1998. "Growth Effects of Taxation under Altruism and Low Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 92-104, January.
- Shuanglin Lin & Xiaowen Tian, 2003. "Population growth and social security financing," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 91-110, February.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2007. "Environmental Tax Reform, Economic Growth, and Unemployment in an OLG Economy," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 63(1), pages 133-161, March.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Wendner, Ronald, 2001. "An applied dynamic general equilibrium model of environmental tax reforms and pension policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-50, January.
- Planas, Christophe & Roeger, Werner & Rossi, Alessandro, 2007.
"How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1359-1375, April.
- Christophe Planas & Werner Roeger & Alessandro Rossi, 2003. "How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 183, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Christophe Planas & Werner Roeger & Alessandro Rossi, 2004. "How much has labour taxation contributed to European structural unemployment?," Econometrics 0408005, EconWPA.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2005. "Environmental-tax financed Social Security Tax Cuts and the Double Dividend," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(2), pages 178-178, July.
- Uhlig, Harald & Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1996. "Increasing the capital income tax may lead to faster growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1521-1540, November.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Martin Kaae Jensen, 2007. "Life Cycle Savings, Bequest, and the Diminishing Impact of Scale on Growth," Discussion Papers 07-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Marquardt, Marko, 2000. "Public pensions, unemployment insurance, and growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 293-311, February.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eur:ejmsjr:345 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslabor market; overlapping generations; social security; capital income taxation;
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:finarc:urn:sici:0015-2218(201009)66:3_243:fssbtc_2.0.tx_2-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohr.de/fa .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.