Growth and unemployment in an OLG economy with public pensions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Rendon Sílvio, 2006.
"Job Search And Asset Accumulation Under Borrowing Constraints ,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(1), pages 233-263, February.
- Silvio Rendon, 2002. "Job search and asset accumulation under borrowing constraints," Economics Working Papers 649, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rendón, Silvio, 2002. "Job search and asset accumulation under borrowing constraints," UC3M Working papers. Economics we025219, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Nicholas Barr & Peter Diamond, 2006. "The Economics of Pensions," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 15-39, Spring.
- Leo Kaas & Leopold von Thadden, 2003.
"Unemployment, Factor Substitution and Capital Formation,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4, pages 475-495, November.
- Kaas, Leo & von Thadden, Leopold, 2001. "Unemployment, Factor Substitution, and Capital Formation," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2001,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Leo Kaas & Leopold von Thadden, 2001. "Unemployment, Factor Substitution, and Capital Formation," Vienna Economics Papers 0102, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James X. Sullivan, 2008.
"Borrowing During Unemployment: Unsecured Debt as a Safety Net,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(2), pages 383-412.
- James Sullivan, 2005. "Borrowing during unemployment: unsecured debt as a safety net," Proceedings 958, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Rui Coimbra & Teresa Lloyd-Braga & Leonor Modesto, 2005. "Endogenous fluctuations in unionized economies with productive externalities," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(3), pages 629-649, October.
- Raj Chetty, 2005. "Why do Unemployment Benefits Raise Unemployment Durations? Moral Hazard vs. Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 11760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Demmel & Christian Keuschnigg, 2000. "Funded Pensions and Unemployment," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(1), pages 1-22, September.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 896-908.
- Antonis Adam, 2004. "Macroeconomic Effects of Social Security Privatization in a Small Unionized Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1371, CESifo Group Munich.
- Leo Kaas & Leopold Thadden, 2004. "Budgetary policy and unemployment dynamics in an olg model with collective bargaining," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 867-889, October.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Shaw, Ming-fu & Lai, Ching-chong, 2007. "A "Managerial" trade union and economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 365-384, February.
- Blanchard, Olivier, 1998.
"Revisiting European Unemployment : Unemployment, Capital Accumulation and Factor Prices,"
Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GLS28.
- Olivier Blanchard, 1998. "Revisiting European Unemployment: Unemployment, Capital Accumulation, and Factor Prices," NBER Working Papers 6566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-595, September.
- Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie, 1999. "Alleviating unemployment:: The case for green tax reforms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1723-1746, October.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masaya Yasuoka, 2014. "Financing Elderly Care Service Subsidies horizontally differentiated duopoly," Discussion Paper Series 122, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Oct 2014.
- Brecht Boone & Freddy Heylen, 2015. "Cross-country differences in unemployment: fiscal policy,unions and household preferences in general equilibrium," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 15/899, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Chandril Bhattacharyya & Manash Ranjan Gupta, 2015.
"Unionized Labour Market, Unemployment Allowances, Productive Public Expenditure And Endogenous Growth,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 397-425, July.
- Bhattacharyya, Chandril & Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 2014. "Unionised Labour Market, Unemployment Allowances, Productive Public Expenditure and Endogenous Growth," MPRA Paper 56491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yasuoka, Masaya, 2016. "Money and Pay-As-you-Go Pension," MPRA Paper 75578, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Watanabe, Minoru & Yasuoka, Masaya, 2017. "Elderly Labor and Unemployment," MPRA Paper 82669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic pensions; Unemployment; Overlapping generations; Economic growth; Union wage setting; E24; H55; J51;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:23:y:2010:i:2:p:737-767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.