How Sure Are We about Purchasing Power Parity? Panel Evidence with the Null of Stationary Real Exchange Rates
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crowder, William J & Hoffman, Dennis L, 1996. "The Long-Run Relationship between Nominal Interest Rates and Inflation: The Fisher Equation Revisited," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 102-118, February.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996. "Stock Markets, Corporate Finance, and Economic Growth: An Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 223-239, May.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996.
"Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1982. " Optimal Managerial Contracts and Equilibrium Security Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 275-287, May.
- Diebold, Francis X & Gardeazabal, Javier & Yilmaz, Kamil, 1994. " On Cointegration and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 727-735, June.
- Edwards,Jeremy & Fischer,Klaus, 1996. "Banks, Finance and Investment in Germany," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521566087, March.
- Corbett, Jenny & Jenkinson, Tim, 1996. "The Financing of Industry, 1970-1989: An International Comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 71-96, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Jyh-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun, 2009. "A revisit to the non-linear mean reversion of real exchange rates: Evidence from a series-specific non-linear panel unit-root test," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 591-601, December.
- Jean-Francois Hoarau, 2010.
"Does long-run purchasing power parity hold in Eastern and Southern African countries? Evidence from panel data stationary tests with multiple structural breaks,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 307-315.
- Jean-François Hoarau, 2010. "Does long-run purchasing power parity hold in Eastern and Southern African countries? Evidence from panel data stationary tests with multiple structural breaks," Post-Print hal-01243461, HAL.
- Cushman, David O. & Michael, Nils, 2011. "Nonlinear trends in real exchange rates: A panel unit root test approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1619-1637.
- Clark, Todd E. & McCracken, Michael W., 2005. "The power of tests of predictive ability in the presence of structural breaks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Syed A. Basher & Josep Lluís Carrion-i-Silvestre, 2007. "Another Look at the Null of Stationary RealExchange Rates. Panel Data with Structural Breaks and Cross-section Dependence," IREA Working Papers 200710, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2007.
- Christoph Fischer, 2006. "PPP: a disaggregated view," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Chien-Fu Chen & Chien-an Andy Wang & Chung-Hua Shen, 2007. "Does PPP hold for Big Mac price or consumer price index? Evidence from panel cointegration," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(16), pages 1-15.
- Catherine S. F. Ho & M. Ariff, 2009. "A Test of Purchasing Power Parity: Asia Pacific and Latin America," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 5(2), pages 33-53.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:16:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choi, Chi-Young, 2004. "Searching for evidence of long-run PPP from a post-Bretton Woods panel: separating the wheat from the chaff," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 1159-1186.
- Hassanain K., 2004. "Purchasing Power Parity: Further Evidence and Implications," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 61-75, April.
- Ho, Catherine S.F. & Ariff, M., 2012. "Time to equilibrium in exchange rates: G-10 and Eastern European economies," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 94-107.
- Catherine S. F. Ho & M. Ariff, 2008. "The Role of Non-Parity Fundamentals in Exchange Rate Determination: Australia and the Asia Pacific Region," CARF F-Series CARF-F-125, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:33:y:2001:i:3:p:767-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.