Fiscal Sustainability: Does EU Membership Change Policy Behavior? Empirical Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Luis Garicano & Tano Santos, 2013.
"Political Credit Cycles: The Case of the Eurozone,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 145-166, Summer.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Garicano, Luis & Santos, Tano, 2013. "Political Credit Cycles: The Case of the Euro Zone," CEPR Discussion Papers 9404, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Garicano, Luis & Santos, Tano J., 2013. "Political credit cycles: the case of the Euro zone," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Luis Garicano & Tano Santos, 2013. "Political Credit Cycles: The Case of the Euro Zone," NBER Working Papers 18899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Karsten Staehr, 2013.
"Fiscal shocks and budget balance persistence in the EU countries from Central and Eastern Europe,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(22), pages 3211-3219, August.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Karsten Staehr, 2011. "Fiscal shocks and budget balance persistence in the EU countries from Central and Eastern Europe," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2011-08, Bank of Estonia, revised 13 Jul 2011.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Karsten Steahr, 2011. "Fiscal shocks and budget balance persistence in the EU countries from Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 2011014, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Bettina Fincke & Marcin Wolski, 2016. "Are European fiscal rules that bad? Discretionary fiscal policies in New Member States," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 517-546, September.
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Alfred Greiner & Uwe Köller & Willi Semmler, 2007. "Debt sustainability in the European Monetary Union: Theory and empirical evidence for selected countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 194-218, April.
- Guido Baldi & Karsten Staehr, 2013.
"The European Debt Crisis and Fiscal Reaction Functions in Europe 2000-2012,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1295, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guido Baldi & Karsten Staehr, 2013. "The European debt crisis and fiscal reaction functions in Europe 2000–2012," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2013-5, Bank of Estonia, revised 24 Jul 2013.
- António Afonso, 2005.
"Fiscal Sustainability: The Unpleasant European Case,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Antonio Afonso, 2004. "Fiscal Sustainability: the Unpleasant European Case," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 57, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bohn, Henning, 1995.
"The Sustainability of Budget Deficits in a Stochastic Economy,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 257-271, February.
- Bohn, H., 1990. "The Sutainability Of Budget Deficits In A Stochastic Economy," Weiss Center Working Papers 6-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, January.
- Philippe Burger, 2003. "Sustainable Fiscal Policy and Economic Stability," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3285.
- Emilia Câmpeanu & Andreea Stoian, 2010. "Fiscal Policy Reaction in the Short Term for Assessing Fiscal Sustainability in the Long Runin Central and Eastern European Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(6), pages 501-518, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal Sustainability; Public Finances; New EU Member States;
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:2:p:161-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.