Impactos de la reinstauración de los Consejos de Salarios sobre la distribución salarial en Uruguay
The aim of this paper is to study the degree of wage dispersion between 2004 and 2007, in Uruguay. It takes into account that the institutional framework was restructured in 2005. The main modification was the reintroduction of the Wage Councils, the most important institutions in regulation and establishment of wages. In order to accomplish this task and answer how the wage distribution would have behaved if the changes in the remunerative structure of 2004 had not occurred, a non-parametric study of the wage distribution is used. The analysis is based on the estimation of density functions and the construction of counterfactual distributions, for which semi-parametric kernel densities are estimated.
Volume (Year): LVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (January-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 21- 1466
Web page: http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/economica/ing/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kristin F. Butcher & John DiNardo, 2002.
"The Immigrant and native-born wage distributions: Evidence from United States censuses,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(1), pages 97-121, October.
- Kristin F. Butcher & John Dinardo, 2002. "The Immigrant and Native-Born Wage Distributions: Evidence from United States Censuses," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(1), pages 97-121, October.
- Kristin F. Butcher & John DiNardo, 1998. "The Immigrant and Native-born Wage Distributions: Evidence from United States Censuses," NBER Working Papers 6630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriana Cassoni & Steven G. Allen & Gaston J. Labadie, 2000.
"Unions and Employment in Uruguay,"
Research Department Publications
3092, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Peter Gottschalk & Mary Joyce, 1997.
"Cross-National Differences in the Rise in Earnings Inequality: Market and Institutional Factors,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
366, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter Gottschalk & Mary Joyce, 1998. "Cross-National Differences In The Rise In Earnings Inequality: Market And Institutional Factors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 489-502, November.
- Mario Izquierdo & Aitor Lacuesta, 2006.
"Wage inequality in Spain: recent developments,"
Banco de Espa�a Working Papers
0615, Banco de Espa�a.
- Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1995. "Differences and Changes in Wage Structures," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number free95-1, July.
- Marisa Bucheli & Andrea Vigorito & Daniel Miles, 2000. "Un análisis dinámico en la toma de decisiones de los hogares: El caso uruguayo," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7617, Inter-American Development Bank.
- María A.Davia & Virginia Hernanz, 2004. "Temporary employment and segmentation in the Spanish labour market: An empirical analysis through the study of wage differentials," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 291-318, December.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- A. Cassoni & G. Labadie, 2001. "The outcome of different bargaining models: the effects on wages, employment and the employment mix," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1401, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Steven G Allen & Adriana Cassoni & Gastón J Labadie, 1996. "Wages and Employment After Reunionization in Uruguay," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 33(99), pages 277-294.
- Phillip Swagel & Matthew J. Slaughter, 1997. "The Effect of Globalization on Wages in the Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 97/43, International Monetary Fund.
- Donald J. Robbins, 1996. "Evidence on Trade and Wages in the Developing World," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 119, OECD Publishing.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Luis Toharia, 1993. "The effects of fixed-term employment on wages: theory and evidence from Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 475-494, September.
- Jesus Ferreiro & Felipe Serrano, 2001. "The Spanish Labour Market: Reforms and consequences," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 31-53.
- M. Bucheli, 1992. "Los logros educativos y los niveles de ingreso," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0392, Department of Economics - dECON.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lap:journl:583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Machelett)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.