The Impact of Gender and Age Diversity on Company Performance
The purpose of this study is to identify the relationship between corporate performance or dividend distribution policy and diversity of gender and age for the Management Teams and the Boards of Directors associated with the companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. We have also investigated the impact of firm size or of leverage on the relationship between firm performance and of the Management Board's characteristics related to diversity, mentioned above. We have identified certain conclusions: i) the existence of women in leadership CEO or Chairman of the Board of Directors does not have a significant impact on firm performance, ii) there is a negative relationship between the age of Chairman of the Board, on the one hand and the performance of company on the other hand, or a positive one if dividend policy, iii) the percentage of women in the management or board is low and does not significantly influence the dependent variables.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://fbc.ucdc.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kevin Campbell & Antonio Mínguez-Vera, 2008. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Financial Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 435-451, December.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Hersch, Philip L., 2005. "Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 85-106, March.
- Stephen Brammer & Andrew Millington & Stephen Pavelin, 2007. "Gender and Ethnic Diversity Among UK Corporate Boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 393-403, 03.
- Agrawal, Anup & Knoeber, Charles R, 2001. "Do Some Outside Directors Play a Political Role?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 179-98, April.
- Antia, Murad & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul, 2010. "CEO decision horizon and firm performance: An empirical investigation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 288-301, June.
- Faleye, Olubunmi, 2007. "Classified boards, firm value, and managerial entrenchment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 501-529, February.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:khe:journl:v:5:y:2013:i:4:p:215-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.