E-bikes and urban transportation: emerging issues and unresolved questions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cherry, Christopher & Cervero, Robert, 2007. "Use characteristics and mode choice behavior of electric bike users in China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 247-257, May.
- Rose, Geoff & Marfurt, Heidi, 2007. "Travel behaviour change impacts of a major ride to work day event," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 351-364, May.
- Weinert, Jonathan X. & Ogden, Joan M. & Sperling, Dan & Burke, Andy, 2008. "The future of electric two-wheelers and electric vehicles in China," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt0d05f8v9, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Cherry, Christopher R. & Weinert, Jonathan X. & Yang, Xinmiao, 2009. "Comparative Environmental Impacts of Electric Bikes in China," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt16k918sh, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Weinert, Jonathan & Ogden, Joan & Sperling, Dan & Burke, Andrew, 2008. "The future of electric two-wheelers and electric vehicles in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2544-2555, July.
- Cherry, Christopher R., 2007. "Electric Two-Wheelers in China: Analysis ofEnvironmental, Safety, and Mobility Impacts," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt6wh1v7cj, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wells, Peter & Lin, Xiao, 2015. "Spontaneous emergence versus technology management in sustainable mobility transitions: Electric bicycles in China," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 371-383.
- Walker, Paul D. & Roser, Holger M., 2015. "Energy consumption and cost analysis of hybrid electric powertrain configurations for two wheelers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 279-287.
- Lin, Xiao & Wells, Peter & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2018. "The death of a transport regime? The future of electric bicycles and transportation pathways for sustainable mobility in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 255-267.
- Yide Liu & Ivan Ka Wai Lai, 2020. "The Effects of Environmental Policy and the Perception of Electric Motorcycles on the Acceptance of Electric Motorcycles: An Empirical Study in Macau," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440198, January.
- Thomas, Alainna, 2016. "A More Sustainable Minivan? An Exploratory Study of Electric Bicycle Use by San Francisco Bay Area Families," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt6g79m3xx, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Keyju Lee & Junjae Chae & Jinwoo Kim, 2019. "A Courier Service with Electric Bicycles in an Urban Area: The Case in Seoul," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-19, February.
- Zhibin Li & Wei Wang & Chen Yang & Haoyang Ding, 2017. "Bicycle mode share in China: a city-level analysis of long term trends," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 773-788, July.
- Zhao, Chunli & Nielsen, Thomas Alexander Sick & Olafsson, Anton Stahl & Carstensen, Trine Agervig & Meng, Xiaoying, 2018. "Urban form, demographic and socio-economic correlates of walking, cycling, and e-biking: Evidence from eight neighborhoods in Beijing," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 102-112.
- Gihan Ekanayake & Mahesh Suresh Patil & Jae-Hyeong Seo & Moo-Yeon Lee, 2018. "Numerical Study on Heat Transfer Characteristics of the 36V Electronic Control Unit System for an Electric Bicycle," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-17, September.
- John Humphrey & Ke Ding & Mai Fujita & Shiro Hioki & Koichiro Kimura, 2018. "Platforms, Innovation and Capability Development in the Chinese Domestic Market," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 408-423, July.
- Siavash Khalili & Eetu Rantanen & Dmitrii Bogdanov & Christian Breyer, 2019. "Global Transportation Demand Development with Impacts on the Energy Demand and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in a Climate-Constrained World," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-54, October.
- Mendoza, Joan-Manuel F. & Sanyé-Mengual, Esther & Angrill, Sara & García-Lozano, Raúl & Feijoo, Gumersindo & Josa, Alejandro & Gabarrell, Xavier & Rieradevall, Joan, 2015. "Development of urban solar infrastructure to support low-carbon mobility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 102-114.
- Masiero, Gilmar & Ogasavara, Mario Henrique & Jussani, Ailton Conde & Risso, Marcelo Luiz, 2017. "The global value chain of electric vehicles: A review of the Japanese, South Korean and Brazilian cases," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 290-296.
- Ou, Shiqi & Hao, Xu & Lin, Zhenhong & Wang, Hewu & Bouchard, Jessey & He, Xin & Przesmitzki, Steven & Wu, Zhixin & Zheng, Jihu & Lv, Renzhi & Qi, Liang & LaClair, Tim J., 2019. "Light-duty plug-in electric vehicles in China: An overview on the market and its comparisons to the United States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 747-761.
- He, Yongxiu & Zhang, Qi & Pang, Yuexia, 2017. "The development pattern design of Chinese electric vehicles based on the analysis of the critical price of the life cycle cost," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 382-388.
- Sreten Simović & Tijana Ivanišević & Aleksandar Trifunović & Svetlana Čičević & Dragan Taranović, 2021. "What Affects the E-Bicycle Speed Perception in the Era of Eco-Sustainable Mobility: A Driving Simulator Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-14, May.
- Hao, Han & Geng, Yong & Wang, Hewu & Ouyang, Minggao, 2014. "Regional disparity of urban passenger transport associated GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions in China: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 783-793.
- Semaria Ruiz & Julian Patiño & Alejandro Marquez-Ruiz & Jairo Espinosa & Eduardo Duque & Paola Ortiz, 2019. "Optimal Design of a Diesel-PV-Wind-Battery-Hydro Pumped POWER system with the Integration of ELECTRIC vehicles in a Colombian Community," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-19, November.
- Cherry, Christopher R. & Yang, Hongtai & Jones, Luke R. & He, Min, 2016. "Dynamics of electric bike ownership and use in Kunming, China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 127-135.
- Doucette, Reed T. & McCulloch, Malcolm D., 2011. "Modeling the CO2 emissions from battery electric vehicles given the power generation mixes of different countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 803-811, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBicycle transportation; Electric power assisted bicycles; Regulations; Health and safety;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:39:y:2012:i:1:p:81-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.