Constraints and the Measurement of Freedom of Choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1996.
"Individual Rights and Social Evaluation: A Conceptual Framework,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 48(2), pages 194-212, April.
- Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Kotaro Suzumura, 1992. "Individual Rights and Social Evaluations: A Conceptual Framework," Discussion Paper Series a250, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Wulf Gaertner & Yongsheng Xu, 1999. "On rationalizability of choice functions: A characterization of the median," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(4), pages 629-638.
- Gaertner, Wulf & Pattanaik, Prasanta K & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1992. "Individual Rights Revisited," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(234), pages 161-177, May.
- Wulf Gaertner & Yongsheng Xu, 1999. "Rationality And External Reference," Rationality and Society, , vol. 11(2), pages 169-185, May.
- Baigent, Nick & Gaertner, Wulf, 1996.
"Never Choose the Uniquely Largest: A Characterization,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249, August.
- Nick Baigent & Wulf Gaertner, 1996. "Never choose the uniquely largest A Characterization," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249.
- Puppe, Clemens, 1996. "An Axiomatic Approach to "Preference for Freedom of Choice"," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 174-199, January.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Markets and Freedoms: Achievements and Limitations of the Market Mechanism in Promoting Individual Freedoms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 519-541, October.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Jones, Peter & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Evaluating choice," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 47-65, June.
- Sen, Amartya, 1988. "Freedom of choice : Concept and content," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 269-294, March.
- Sen, Amartya, 1991. "Welfare, preference and freedom," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 15-29, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoinette Baujard, 2006.
"Conceptions of freedom and ranking opportunity sets. A typology,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
200611, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Antoinette Baujard, 2007. "Conceptions of freedom and ranking opportunity sets. A typology," Post-Print halshs-00294466, HAL.
- Sabina Alkire, 2008. "Concepts and Measures of Agency," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp009, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Richard Barrett & Maurice Salles, 2006. "Social Choice With Fuzzy Preferences," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 200615, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Sabina Alkire and James Foster, 2009. "Counting and Multidimensional Poverty Measurement (Short Version)," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp007_5, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Constanze Binder, 2014. "Preferences and Similarity between Alternatives," Rationality, Markets and Morals, Frankfurt School Verlag, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, vol. 5(88), November.
- Ronen Shnayderman, 2016. "Ian Carter’s non-evaluative theory of freedom and diversity: a critique," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 46(1), pages 39-55, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMeasures of liberty; Freedom of choice; Constraints; Non-welfaristic foundations of normative economics; Social choice theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:50:y:2001:i:3:p:213-238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.