Conflicts between entrepreneurs and investors: the impact of perceived unethical behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parhankangas, Annaleena & Landstrom, Hans, 2006. "How venture capitalists respond to unmet expectations: The role of social environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 773-801, November.
- Tom Vanacker & Sophie Manigart, 2010. "Pecking order and debt capacity considerations for high-growth companies seeking financing," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 53-69, July.
- Sapienza, Harry J., 1992. "When do venture capitalists add value?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 9-27, January.
- Higashide, Hironori & Birley, Sue, 2002. "The consequences of conflict between the venture capitalist and the entrepreneurial team in the United Kingdom from the perspective of the venture capitalist," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 59-81, January.
- Jeffrey E. Sohl, 1999. "The early-stage equity market in the USA," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 101-120, April.
- Baker, Thomas L. & Hunt, Tammy G. & Andrews, Martha C., 2006. "Promoting ethical behavior and organizational citizenship behaviors: The influence of corporate ethical values," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 849-857, July.
- Forbes, Daniel P. & Korsgaard, M. Audrey & Sapienza, Harry J., 2010. "Financing decisions as a source of conflict in venture boards," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 579-592, November.
- Sapienza, Harry J. & Manigart, Sophie & Vermeir, Wim, 1996. "Venture capitalist governance and value added in four countries," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 439-469, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alqatawni, Tahsen, 2013. "The Relationship Conflict between Venture Capital and Entrepreneur," MPRA Paper 48005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Appelhoff & René Mauer & Veroniek Collewaert & Malte Brettel, 2016. "The conflict potential of the entrepreneur’s decision-making style in the entrepreneur-investor relationship," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 601-623, June.
- Qin, Fei & Wright, Mike & Gao, Jian, 2017.
"Are ‘sea turtles’ slower? Returnee entrepreneurs, venture resources and speed of entrepreneurial entry,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 694-706.
- Qin, Fei & Wright, M. & Gao, J., 2017. "Are 'sea turtles' slower? Returnee entrepreneurs, venture resources and speed of entrepreneurial entry," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 79993, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gregori, Patrick & Ukobitz, Desiree V. & Parastuty, Zulaicha, 2018. "A Conceptual Framework on Entrepreneurial Team Member Exits: A Starting Point for Further Research," 6th International OFEL Conference on Governance, Management and Entrepreneurship. New Business Models and Institutional Entrepreneurs: Leading Disruptive Change (Dubrovnik, 2018), in: 6th International OFEL Conference on Governance, Management and Entrepreneurship. New Business Models and Institutional Entrepreneurs: Leading Disrupt, pages 453-474, Governance Research and Development Centre (CIRU), Zagreb.
- Claire Champenois & Michel Devigne & François-Régis Puyou, 2016. "How Can Venture Capitalists-Owner Managers Conflicts Be Managed? If You Want Peace, Agree to Keep the Peace," Post-Print hal-01398988, HAL.
- Vallaster, Christine & Kraus, Sascha & Merigó Lindahl, José M. & Nielsen, Annika, 2019. "Ethics and entrepreneurship: A bibliometric study and literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 226-237.
- Pengda Fan & Kazuo Yamada, 2020. "Same bed different dream composition of IPO shares and withdrawal decisions in weak market conditions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 955-974, December.
- Olayemi, Olufemi Olabode & Okonji, Patrick Sunday & Gbadamosi, Taofeek Olalekan & Oghojafor, Ben E. Akpoyomare, 2020. "Ethical Issues and Performance of Nigerian Insurance Companies," MPRA Paper 103652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drover, Will & Wood, Matthew S. & Fassin, Yves, 2014. "Take the money or run? Investors' ethical reputation and entrepreneurs' willingness to partner," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 723-740.
- Pengda Fan & Kazuo Yamada, 0. "Same bed different dream composition of IPO shares and withdrawal decisions in weak market conditions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
More about this item
KeywordsConflict; Business ethics; Venture capital; Business angels; Angel investors; Entrepreneurs; G24; L26; D74;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:40:y:2013:i:3:p:635-649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.