Gender differences in the impact of banking services: evidence from Mexico
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicola Cetorelli & Philip E. Strahan, 2006.
"Finance as a Barrier to Entry: Bank Competition and Industry Structure in Local U.S. Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 437-461, 02.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Philip E. Strahan, 2004. "Finance as a Barrier to Entry: Bank Competition and Industry Structure in Local U.S. Markets," NBER Working Papers 10832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Philip Strahan, 2004. "Finance as a barrier to entry: bank competition and industry structure in local U.S. markets," Working Paper Series WP-04-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2007.
"Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2010. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(1), pages 433-464, January.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts," Working Papers 108, Center for Global Development.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2006. "Expanding credit access: Using randomized supply decisions to estimate the impacts," Natural Field Experiments 00281, The Field Experiments Website.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions To Estimate the Impacts," CEPR Discussion Papers 6180, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Croson & Uri Gneezy, 2009. "Gender Differences in Preferences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 448-74, June.
- Muravyev, Alexander & Talavera, Oleksandr & Schäfer, Dorothea, 2009.
"Entrepreneurs' gender and financial constraints: Evidence from international data,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 270-286, June.
- Alexander Muravyev & Dorothea Schäfer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2007. "Entrepreneurs' Gender and Financial Constraints: Evidence from International Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 706, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alexander Muravyev & Dorothea Schaefer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2008. "Entrepreneurs' gender and financial constraints: evidence from international data," Discussion Papers 11, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker & Omar Haider Chowdhury & Daniel L. Millimet, 2003. "Credit Programs for the Poor And the Health Status of Children in Rural Bangladesh," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(1), pages 87-118, February.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker & Omar Haider Chowdhury & Daniel L. Millimet, 1998. "Credit Programs for the Poor and the Nutritional Status of Children in Rural Bangladesh," Working Papers 98-4, Brown University, Department of Economics, revised 16 Jan 1998.
- Miriam Bruhn, 2011.
"License to Sell: The Effect of Business Registration Reform on Entrepreneurial Activity in Mexico,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 382-386, February.
- Bruhn, Miriam, 2008. "License to sell : the effect of business registration reform on entrepreneurial activity in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4538, The World Bank.
- Bruhn, Miriam & Love, Inessa, 2009. "The economic impact of banking the unbanked : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4981, The World Bank.
- Coleman, Brett E., 1999. "The impact of group lending in Northeast Thailand," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 105-141, October.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Levkov, Alexey, 2007.
"Big bad banks ? the impact of U.S. branch deregulation on income distribution,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4330, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Alexey Levkov, 2007. "Big Bad Banks? The Impact of U.S. Branch Deregulation on Income Distribution," NBER Working Papers 13299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruta Aidis & Friederike Welter & David Smallbone & Nina Isakova, 2007. "Female entrepreneurship in transition economies: the case of Lithuania and Ukraine," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 157-183.
- Asli Demirgüc‐Kunt & Leora F. Klapper & Georgios A. Panos, 2011. "Entrepreneurship in post‐conflict transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(1), pages 27-78, 01.
- Bruhn, Miriam, 2009. "Female-owned firms in Latin America : characteristics, performance, and obstacles to growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5122, The World Bank.
- Ruiz, Claudia, 2013. "From pawn shops to banks : the impact of formal credit on informal households," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6634, The World Bank.
- David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "Experimental Evidence on Returns to Capital and Access to Finance in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 457-482, November.
- Sandra E. Black & Philip E. Strahan, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and Bank Credit Availability," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2807-2833, December.
- Joseph P. Kaboski & Robert M. Townsend, 2005. "Policies and Impact: An Analysis of Village-Level Microfinance Institutions," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-50, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:37:y:2011:i:4:p:493-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.