Using equity premium survey data to estimate future wealth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Freeman, Mark C. & Groom, Ben, 2014. "Using equity premium survey data to estimate future wealth," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57161, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Ian Cooper, 1996. "Arithmetic versus geometric mean estimators: Setting discount rates for capital budgeting," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 2(2), pages 157-167.
- Eric Jacquier & Alex Kane & Alan J. Marcus, 2005. "Optimal Estimation of the Risk Premium for the Long Run and Asset Allocation: A Case of Compounded Estimation Risk," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(1), pages 37-55.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 260-271, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Gamma Discounting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2010. "Risk-adjusted gamma discounting," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Welch, Ivo, 2000.
"Views of Financial Economists on the Equity Premium and on Professional Controversies,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 501-537, October.
- Ivo Welch, 2000. "Views of Financial Economists on the Equity Premium and on Professional Controversies," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm122, Yale School of Management.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2002. "The Equity Premium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 637-659, April.
- Gollier, Christian, 2004.
"Maximizing the expected net future value as an alternative strategy to gamma discounting,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 85-89, June.
- Gollier, Christian, 2003. "Maximizing the Expected Net Future Value as an Alternative Strategy to Gamma Discounting," IDEI Working Papers 213, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Daniel C. Indro & Wayne Y. Lee, 1997. "Biases in Arithmetic and Geometric Averages as Estimates of Long-Run Expected Returns and Risk Premia," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), Winter.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2008. "The financial analyst forecasting literature: A taxonomy with suggestions for further research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 34-75.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Woojin Kim, 2010.
"Do Analysts Herd? An Analysis of Recommendations and Market Reactions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(2), pages 901-937, February.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Woojin Kim, 2007. "Do Analysts Herd? An Analysis of Recommendations and Market Reactions," NBER Working Papers 12866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert L. Winkler, 1981. "Combining Probability Distributions from Dependent Information Sources," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 479-488, April.
- Ferstl, Robert & Weissensteiner, Alex, 2011.
"Asset-liability management under time-varying investment opportunities,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 182-192, January.
- Ferstl, Robert & Weissensteiner, Alex, 2009. "Asset-Liability Management under time-varying Investment Opportunities," MPRA Paper 15068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- Jouini, Elyès & Marin, Jean-Michel & Napp, Clotilde, 2010. "Discounting and divergence of opinion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(2), pages 830-859, March.
- Vivek Singh, 2013. "Did institutions herd during the internet bubble?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 513-534, October.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33373344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Barberis, 2000. "Investing for the Long Run when Returns Are Predictable," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 225-264, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial surveys; Equity premium; Asset allocation; Gamma distribution; G11; G17;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:45:y:2015:i:4:p:665-693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.