Construction Procurement Auctions: Do Entrant Bidders Employ More Aggressive Strategies than Incumbent Bidders?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 2000. "Asymmetric Auctions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 413-438.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Ossard, Herve & Vuong, Quang, 1995. "Econometrics of First-Price Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 953-980, July.
- Antonio Estache & Atsushi Iimi, 2010.
"Bidder Asymmetry in Infrastructure Procurement: Are There any Fringe Bidders?,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(2), pages 163-187, March.
- Antonio Estache & A. Iimi, 2008. "Bidder Asymmetry in Infrastructure Procurement: Are There any Fringe Bidders?," Working Papers ECARES 2008_020, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2008. "Bidder asymmetry in infrastructure procurement : are there any fringe bidders ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4660, The World Bank.
- Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2002.
"Increasing Competition and the Winner's Curse: Evidence from Procurement,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 871-898.
- Han Hong, 2000. "Increasing Competition and the Winner's Curse: Evidence from Procurement," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1628, Econometric Society.
- Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2001. "Increasing Competition and the Winner's Curse: Evidence from Procurement," Economics Working Paper Archive 447, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Pesendorfer, Martin, 2000. "Bidding behavior in a repeated procurement auction: A summary," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1006-1020, May.
- Patrick Bajari & Lixin Ye, 2003. "Deciding Between Competition and Collusion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 971-989, November.
- Guth, Werner & Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2005.
"Bidding behavior in asymmetric auctions: An experimental study,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1891-1913, October.
- Güth, Werner & Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 2001. "Bidding behavior in asymmetric auctions: An experimental study," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,15, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Dakshina G. De Silva & Timothy Dunne & Georgia Kosmopoulou, 2003. "An Empirical Analysis of Entrant and Incumbent Bidding in Road Construction Auctions," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 295-316, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabetta Iossa & Michael Waterson, 2017. "Maintaining Competition in Recurrent Procurement Contracts: A case study on the London Bus Market," CEIS Research Paper 400, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 24 Feb 2017.
- Ying Yao & Makoto Tanaka, 2016. "Price offers of pharmaceutical procurement in China: evidence from Guangdong province," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(5), pages 563-575, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAggressive; Bidder asymmetry; Dispersion; Entrants; Incumbents; Procurement auctions; D44; D82; L74;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L74 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Construction
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:40:y:2012:i:3:p:191-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .