The art of seeing like a state: State building in Afghanistan, the DR Congo, and beyond
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oeindrila Dube & Suresh Naidu, 2010. "Bases, Bullets, and Ballots: The Effect of U.S. Military Aid on Political Conflict in Colombia," Working Papers 197, Center for Global Development.
- de Mesquita, Bruce Bueno & Downs, George W., 2006. "Intervention and Democracy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(03), pages 627-649, July.
- Christopher J. Coyne & Adam Pellillo, 2011. "Economic reconstruction amidst conflict: Insights from Afghanistan and Iraq," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 627-643, October.
- Daron Acemoglu & Davide Cantoni & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2009.
"The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution,"
NBER Working Papers
14831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Davide Cantoni & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2011. "The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3286-3307, December.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Cantoni, Davide & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A., 2011. "The consequences of radical reform: The French revolution," Munich Reprints in Economics 20170, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Cantoni, Davide & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A, 2009. "The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 7245, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2015.
"Institutional stickiness and the New Development Economics,"
in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 6, pages 123-146
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Institutional Stickiness and the New Development Economics," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 331-358, 04.
- Lyall, Jason & Wilson, Isaiah, 2009. "Rage Against the Machines: Explaining Outcomes in Counterinsurgency Wars," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 63(01), pages 67-106, January.
- David B. Skarbek and Peter T. Leeson, 2009. "What Can Aid Do?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 29(3), pages 391-397, Fall.
- del Castillo, Graciana, 2008. "Rebuilding War-Torn States: The Challenge of Post-Conflict Economic Reconstruction," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199237739.
- Claudia Williamson, 2010. "Exploring the failure of foreign aid: The role of incentives and information," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 17-33, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revaec:v:25:y:2012:i:1:p:35-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.