Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre McCloskey, 2004. "The Bourgeois Virtues," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(3), pages 1-16, July.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stringham, Edward Peter, 2011.
"Embracing morals in economics: The role of internal moral constraints in a market economy,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 98-109, April.
- Stringham, Edward Peter, 2011. "Embracing morals in economics: The role of internal moral constraints in a market economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 98-109.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2014. "La ética en la empresa y la ética del directivo," IESE Research Papers D/1089, IESE Business School.
- Zawojska, Aldona, 2010. "Homo agricola considered as homo economicus and homo politicus," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition – Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52709, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Douglas Uyl, 2014. "Natura naturans, natura naturata," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 175-182, June.
- repec:kap:revaec:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11138-016-0360-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEthics; Markets; Liberalism; Buchanan; McCloskey; Morality; Reductionism; Virtues; Prudence; Homo economicus; Free markets; Spontaneous orders; Deontology; Utilitarianism; Ethical theory; Teleology; Subjectivism; Aristotelianism; Political theory; Austrian economics; Self-direction; Metanorms; P480; P110; P160; D740; D460; B250; A130;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revaec:v:22:y:2009:i:4:p:349-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .