An empirical study of broadband diffusion in rural America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Gary & Savage, Scott & Simpson, Michael, 1996.
"Information Inequality and Broadband Network Access: An Analysis of Australian Household Data,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 1049-1066.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J & Simpson, Michael, 1997. "Information inequality and broadband network access: an analysis of Australian household data," MPRA Paper 12062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Peter C. Reiss, 1987. "Do Entry Conditions Vary across Markets?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 833-882.
- Goolsbee Austan, 2006.
"The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2006. "The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology," NBER Working Papers 11994, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2002. "Broadband Uptake and Infrastructure Regulation: Evidence from the OECD Countries," Working Paper Series 3899, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Flamm, Kenneth & Chaudhuri, Anindya, 0. "An analysis of the determinants of broadband access," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6-7), pages 312-326, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Duffy-Deno, Kevin T, 2003. "Business Demand for Broadband Access Capacity," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 359-372, November.
- James E. Prieger, 2003.
"The Supply Side of the Digital Divide: Is There Equal Availability in the Broadband Internet Access Market?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 346-363, April.
- James E. Prieger, 2003. "The Supply Side of the Digital Divide: Is There Equal Availability in the Broadband Internet Access Market?," Working Papers 25, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Savage, Scott J. & Waldman, Donald, 2005. "Broadband Internet access, awareness, and use: Analysis of United States household data," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 615-633, September.
- Prieger, James E. & Hu, Wei-Min, 2008. "The broadband digital divide and the nexus of race, competition, and quality," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 150-167, June.
- Rajeev Goel & Edward Hsieh & Michael Nelson & Rati Ram, 2006. "Demand elasticities for Internet services," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 975-980.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aron Debra J. & Ingraham Allan T., 2012. "The Effects of Legacy Pricing Regulation on Adoption of Broadband Service in the United States," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-38, December.
- Sean Lyons, 2014.
"Timing and determinants of local residential broadband adoption: evidence from Ireland,"
Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1341-1363, December.
- Lyons, Sean, 2010. "Timing and determinants of local residential broadband adoption: evidence from Ireland," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 24, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Lyons, Seán, 2010. "Timing and Determinants of Local Residential Broadband Adoption: Evidence from Ireland," Papers WP361, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Lyons, Seán, 2012. "Timing and Determinants of Local Residential Broadband Adoption: Evidence from Ireland," Papers WP432, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Fernández-Gutiérrez, Marcos, 2013. "How consumers’ socio-economic background influences satisfaction: Insights for better utility regulation," MPRA Paper 47271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trevor Roycroft, 2013. "Empirical study of broadband adoption using data from the 2009 Residential Energy Consumption Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 214-228, April.
- Srinuan, Chalita & Bohlin, Erik, 2011. "Understanding the digital divide: A literature survey and ways forward," 22nd European Regional ITS Conference, Budapest 2011: Innovative ICT Applications - Emerging Regulatory, Economic and Policy Issues 52191, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Pichitkul, Araya & Mitomo, Hitoshi, 2012. "Demand for internet: Empirical comparison between urban and rural subscribers in Thailand," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72505, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Judith Clifton & Daniel Díaz-Fuentes & Marcos Fernández-Gutiérrez, 2014. "The impact of socio-economic background on satisfaction: evidence for policy-makers," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 183-206, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDSL; Demand; Universal broadband; Universal service; Intercarrier compensation reform; Rural America; Elasticity; Video; L51; L96;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:38:y:2010:i:1:p:70-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .