The Practice Boundaries of Advanced Practice Nurses: An Economic and Legal Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michael J. Dueker & Stephen J. Spurr & Ada K. Jacox & David E. Kalist, 2005. "The practice boundaries of advanced practice nurses: an economic and legal analysis," Working Papers 2005-071, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward J. Schumacher & Barry T. Hirsch, 1997.
"Compensating Differentials and Unmeasured Ability in the Labor Market for Nurses: Why Do Hospitals Pay More?,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 50(4), pages 557-579, July.
- Edward J. Schumacher & Barry T. Hirsch, "undated". "Compensating Differentials and Unmeasured Ability in the Labor Market For Nurses: Why Do Hospitals Pay More?," Working Papers 9604, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen T. Mennemeyer & Gary Gaumer, 1983. "Nursing Wages and the Value of Educational Credentials," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(1), pages 32-48.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1992.
"The Market for Lawyers,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 215-246, October.
- Rosen, S., 1991. "The Market for Lawyers," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-10, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1991. "The Market for Lawyers," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 72, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- A. Frank Adams III & Robert B. Ekelund Jr. & John D. Jackson, 2003. "Occupational Licensing of a Credence Good: The Regulation of Midwifery," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 659-675, January.
- Edward J. Schumacher, "undated". "Relative Wages and the Returns to Education in the Labor Market for Registered Nurses," Working Papers 9720, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Sass, Tim R & Nichols, Mark W, 1996. "Scope-of-Practice Regulation: Physician Control and the Wages of Non-Physician Health-Care Professionals," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 61-81, January.
- Chang-Jin Kim & Charles R. Nelson, 1998. "Business Cycle Turning Points, A New Coincident Index, And Tests Of Duration Dependence Based On A Dynamic Factor Model With Regime Switching," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 188-201, May.
- Breslaw, Jon A. & McIntosh, James, 1998. "Simulated latent variable estimation of models with ordered categorical data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 25-47, August.
- LaVonne A. Booton & Julia I. Lane, 1985. "Hospital Market Structure and the Return to Nursing Education," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(2), pages 184-196.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William H. Greene & David A. Hensher, 2008. "Modeling Ordered Choices: A Primer and Recent Developments," Working Papers 08-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Park, Jee-Hyeong & Spurr, Stephen J. & Chang, Sheng-Kai, 2009. "A Model of Hierarchical Professionals: Cooperation and Conflict between Anesthesiologists and CRNAs," CEI Working Paper Series 2009-13, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Stange, Kevin, 2014.
"How does provider supply and regulation influence health care markets? Evidence from nurse practitioners and physician assistants,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-27.
- Kevin M. Stange, 2013. "How Does Provider Supply and Regulation Influence Health Care Market? Evidence from Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants," NBER Working Papers 19172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander, Diane & Schnell, Molly, 2016. "Just What the Nurse Practitioner Ordered: Independent Prescriptive Authority and Population Mental Health," Working Paper Series WP-2017-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Allison Marier & Kyoung Won Park & Coady Wing, 2016.
"Relaxing Occupational Licensing Requirements: Analyzing Wages and Prices for a Medical Service,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 261-291.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Allison Marier & Kyoung Won Park & Coady Wing, 2014. "Relaxing Occupational Licensing Requirements: Analyzing Wages and Prices for a Medical Service," NBER Working Papers 19906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John J. Perry, 2009. "The Rise And Impact Of Nurse Practitioners And Physician Assistants On Their Own And Cross-Occupation Incomes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(4), pages 491-511, October.
More about this item
Keywordsregulation; professions; nursing; panel data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:309-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .