Expectations of government’s response to disaster
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Russell Sobel & Peter Leeson, 2006. "Government's response to Hurricane Katrina: A public choice analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 55-73, April.
- Caplan, Bryan, 2001. "What Makes People Think Like Economists? Evidence on Economic Cognition from the "Survey of Americans and Economists on the Economy."," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 395-426, October.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell S. Sobel, 2003. "The Political Economy of FEMA Disaster Payments," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 496-509, July.
- William Shughart, 2006. "Katrinanomics: The politics and economics of disaster relief," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 31-53, April.
- Peter T. Leeson & Russell S. Sobel, 2008. "Weathering Corruption," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 667-681, November.
- E. West & Stanley Winer, 1980. "Optimal fiscal illusion and the size of government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 607-622, January.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1971. "The Cost of Transfers," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 629-643.
- Charles Rowley & Anne Rathbone, 2004. "Political Economy of Antitrust," Chapters,in: The International Handbook of Competition, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Monica Escaleras & Nejat Anbarci & Charles Register, 2007. "Public sector corruption and major earthquakes: A potentially deadly interaction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 209-230, July.
- Roger Congleton, 2006. "The story of Katrina: New Orleans and the political economy of catastrophe," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 5-30, April.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael R. Greenberg & Marc D. Weiner, 2014. "Pain of Sustainability: Limiting the Number of Times Homeowners Can Receive Disaster Relief," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright & Virgil Henry Storr, 2010. "Introduction: Uncertainty and Discovery in a Post-Disaster Context," Chapters,in: The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Coyne, Christopher J., 2011. "Constitutions and crisis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 351-357.
- Adam Martin, 2010. "Uncertainty in the Post-Katrina Big Easy," Chapters,in: The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chad Seagren, 2011. "Examining social processes with agent-based models," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Emily Skarbek, 2014. "The Chicago Fire of 1871: a bottom-up approach to disaster relief," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 155-180, July.
- Laura Grube & Virgil Storr, 2014. "The capacity for self-governance and post-disaster resiliency," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 301-324, September.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright, 2011. "Operationalizing the interpretive turn: Deploying qualitative methods toward an economics of meaning," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 157-170, June.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright & Virgil Storr, 2011. "Social capital, lobbying and community-based interest groups," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 167-185, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic choice; Political economy; Hurricane Katrina; Post-disaster recovery;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:144:y:2010:i:1:p:253-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .