Voting on income tax exemptions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 138 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/public+finance/journal/11127/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Slemrod, Joel & Kopczuk, Wojciech, 2002.
"The optimal elasticity of taxable income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 91-112, April.
- Christian Traxler, 2009.
"Voting over taxes: the case of tax evasion,"
Springer, vol. 140(1), pages 43-58, July.
- Kai A. Konrad, 2003.
CESifo Working Paper Series
905, CESifo Group Munich.
- Konrad, Kai A., 2002.
[Inverse Campaigning]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 02-29, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Konrad, Kai A., 2002. "Inverse campaigning
- Kaplow, Louis, 1992. "Income Tax Deductions for Losses as Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1013-1017, September.
- P. Pestieau, 1975. "Progressive tax reform and majority voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 69-78, March.
- Wolfram F. Richter, 2004.
"Efficiency Effects of Tax Deductions for Work-Related Expenses,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1311, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wolfram Richter, 2006. "Efficiency effects of tax deductions for work-related expenses," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(6), pages 685-699, November.
- Roine, Jesper, 2003.
"The political economics of not paying taxes,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
530, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick, 1993. "Voting over income tax progression in a two-period model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 291-298, February.
- Buchanan, James M, 1987. "Tax Reform as Political Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 29-35, Summer.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 2003. "On the Public Choice Critique of Welfare Economics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 114(3-4), pages 253-273, March.
- Lang, Oliver & Nohrba[ss], Karl-Heinz & Stahl, Konrad, 1997. "On income tax avoidance: the case of Germany," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 327-347, November.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Gordon Tullock, 1959. "Problems of Majority Voting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 571-571.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:138:y:2009:i:1:p:239-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.