Dupuit, Pigou and cost of inefficiency in public services provision
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005.
"Non-Parametric Approaches to Education and Health Efficiency in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8(2), pages 1-20, November.
- AntÃ³nio Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Non-parametric approaches to education and health efficiency in OECD countries," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 227-246, November.
- Antonio Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010.
"Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(17), pages 2147-2164.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito & Afonso, António, 2006. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets," Working Paper Series 581, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2006. "Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence for New EU Member States and Emerging Markets," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/01, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Diamond, P. A. & McFadden, D. L., 1974. "Some uses of the expenditure function in public finance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 3-21, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht, 2019. "How “big” should government be?," EconPol Working Paper 23, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- António Afonso & Alma Romero & Emma Monsalve, 2013. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for Latin America," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/20, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010.
"Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(3), pages 367-389, September.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2008. "Income Distribution Determinants and Public Spending Efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito, 2008. "Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency," Working Paper Series 861, European Central Bank.
- Julio Escolano & Vitor Gaspar, 2016. "Optimal Debt Policy Under Asymmetric Risk," IMF Working Papers 16/178, International Monetary Fund.
- António Afonso, & Manish K. Singh, 2016. "Is the supply of long-term debt independent of the term premia? Evidence from Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 2016/11, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Mühlenkamp Holger, 2016. "Effizienzmessung und quantitative Instrumente zur Effizienzsteigerung im öffentlichen Sektor," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 17(2), pages 106-128, July.
More about this item
KeywordsGovernment efficiency; Excess burden; Taxes; Spending; D11; E62; H21; H50;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:132:y:2007:i:3:p:485-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.