Does Focus Really Matter? Specialized vs. Diversified REITs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2006. "Dedicated REIT Mutual Fund Flows and REIT Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-433, June.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Marc A. Louargand, 1992. "A Survey of Pension Fund Real Estate Portfolio Risk Management Practices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(4), pages 361-374.
- Henrik Cronqvist & Peter Högfeldt & Mattias Nilsson, 2001.
"Why Agency Costs Explain Diversification Discounts,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 85-126.
- Cronqvist, Henrik & Högfeldt, Peter & Nilsson, Mattias, 1999. "Why Agency Costs Explain Diversification Discounts," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 294, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 27 Sep 2000.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon & Jack G. Wolf, 2002. "Does Corporate Diversification Destroy Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 695-720, April.
- DeLong, Gayle L., 2001. "Stockholder gains from focusing versus diversifying bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 221-252, February.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1999. "Focus, Transparency and Value: The REIT Evidence," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 587-619.
- John G. Gallo & Larry J. Lockwood & Ronald C. Rutherford, 2000. "Asset Allocation and the Performance of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 165-185.
- Robert D. Campbell & Milena Petrova & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Wealth Effects of Diversification and Financial Deal Structuring: Evidence from REIT Property Portfolio Acquisitions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 347-366, September.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Kevin C.H. Chiang & Kirill Kozhevnikov & Ming-Long Lee & Craig H. Wisen, 2008. "Further Evidence on the Performance of Funds of Funds: The Case of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 47-61, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piao, Xiaorui & Mei, Bin & Xue, Yuan, 2016. "Comparing the financial performance of timber REITs and other REITs," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 115-121.
- Tsang-Yao CHANG & Hao FANG & Yen-Hsien LEE, 2015. "Nonlinear A Djustment To The Long-Run Equilibrium Between The Reit And The Stock Markets In Japan And Singapore," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 27-38, September.
- Paul Gallimore & J. Andrew Hansz & Wikrom Prombutr & Ying Zhang, 2014. "Long-term Cointegrative and Short-term Causal Relations among U.S. Real Estate Sectors," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 359-394.
- repec:bor:bistre:v:17:y:2017:i:4:p:199-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:257-269 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsReal Estate Investment Trusts (REIT); Management expertise; Property type specialization; Diversification; Efficient market hypothesis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:42:y:2011:i:1:p:68-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .