Does Focus Really Matter? Specialized vs. Diversified REITs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2006. "Dedicated REIT Mutual Fund Flows and REIT Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-433, June.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Marc A. Louargand, 1992. "A Survey of Pension Fund Real Estate Portfolio Risk Management Practices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(4), pages 361-374.
- Henrik Cronqvist & Peter Högfeldt & Mattias Nilsson, 2001.
"Why Agency Costs Explain Diversification Discounts,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 85-126.
- Cronqvist, Henrik & Högfeldt, Peter & Nilsson, Mattias, 1999. "Why Agency Costs Explain Diversification Discounts," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 294, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 27 Sep 2000.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon & Jack G. Wolf, 2002. "Does Corporate Diversification Destroy Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 695-720, April.
- DeLong, Gayle L., 2001. "Stockholder gains from focusing versus diversifying bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 221-252, February.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1999. "Focus, Transparency and Value: The REIT Evidence," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 587-619.
- John G. Gallo & Larry J. Lockwood & Ronald C. Rutherford, 2000. "Asset Allocation and the Performance of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 165-185.
- Robert D. Campbell & Milena Petrova & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Wealth Effects of Diversification and Financial Deal Structuring: Evidence from REIT Property Portfolio Acquisitions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 347-366, September.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Kevin C.H. Chiang & Kirill Kozhevnikov & Ming-Long Lee & Craig H. Wisen, 2008. "Further Evidence on the Performance of Funds of Funds: The Case of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 47-61, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piao, Xiaorui & Mei, Bin & Xue, Yuan, 2016. "Comparing the financial performance of timber REITs and other REITs," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 115-121.
- Tsang-Yao CHANG & Hao FANG & Yen-Hsien LEE, 2015. "Nonlinear A Djustment To The Long-Run Equilibrium Between The Reit And The Stock Markets In Japan And Singapore," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 27-38, September.
- Paul Gallimore & J. Andrew Hansz & Wikrom Prombutr & Ying Zhang, 2014. "Long-term Cointegrative and Short-term Causal Relations among U.S. Real Estate Sectors," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 359-394.
- repec:bor:bistre:v:17:y:2017:i:4:p:199-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:257-269 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsReal Estate Investment Trusts (REIT); Management expertise; Property type specialization; Diversification; Efficient market hypothesis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:42:y:2011:i:1:p:68-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.