Parametric estimation of inefficiency in cargo handling in Spanish ports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher, 1994. "Parametric Estimation of Technical and Allocative Inefficiency with Panel Data," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(1), pages 231-243, February.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2007. "Firm and time varying technical and allocative efficiency: An application to port cargo handling firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1-2), pages 149-161, September.
- Juan Díaz-Hernández & Eduardo Martínez-Budría & Sergio Jara-Díaz, 2008. "Productivity in Cargo Handling in Spanish Ports During a Period of Regulatory Reforms," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 287-295, September.
- Kevin Cullinane & Dong-Wook Song, 2003. "A stochastic frontier model of the productive efficiency of Korean container terminals," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 251-267.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Modeling allocative inefficiency in a translog cost function and cost share equations: An exact relationship," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 351-356.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 2002.
"Estimation and Inference in Two-Step Econometric Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 88-97, January.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 1985. "Estimation and Inference in Two-Step Econometric Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 370-379, October.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Wang, Teng-Fei & Song, Dong-Wook & Ji, Ping, 2006. "The technical efficiency of container ports: Comparing data envelopment analysis and stochastic frontier analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 354-374, May.
- Sergio Jara-Diaz & Beatriz Tovar & Lourdes Trujillo, 2008. "On the proper modelling of multioutput port cargo handling costs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(13), pages 1699-1705.
- OW Maietta, 2000. "The decomposition of cost inefficiency into technical and allocative components with panel data of Italian dairy farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 473-495, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martinez-Budria, Eduardo & Diaz-Hernandez, Juan Jose & Jara-Däaz, Sergio, 2011. "Productivity and efficiency with discrete variables and quadratic cost function," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 251-257, August.
More about this item
KeywordsParametric allocative inefficiency; Parametric technical inefficiency; Normalized quadratic cost function; Cargo handling; Port economics; D21; C33; L92;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:30:y:2008:i:3:p:223-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.