Measuring segregation: an activity space approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M J Beckmann & T F Golob & Y Zahavi, 1983. "Travel Probability Fields and Urban Spatial Structure: 1. Theory," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 15(5), pages 593-606, May.
- Schönfelder, Stefan & Axhausen, Kay W., 2003. "Activity spaces: measures of social exclusion?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 273-286, October.
- M J Beckmann & T F Golob & Y Zahavi, 1983. "Travel Probability Fields and Urban Spatial Structure: 2. Empirical Tests," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 15(6), pages 727-738, June.
- Deutsch, Joseph & Fluckiger, Yves & Silber, Jacques, 1994. "Measuring occupational segregation : Summary statistics and the impact of classification errors and aggregation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 133-146, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yukio Sadahiro, 2015. "A method for analyzing the segregation between point distributions: statistical tests and consideration of attributes," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 29-60, January.
- Tammaru, Tiit & Strömgren, Magnus & van Ham, Maarten & Danzer, Alexander M., 2015. "Gender Differences in the Effect of Residential Segregation on Workplace Segregation among Newly Arrived Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 8932, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mao, Liang & Stacciarini, Jeanne-Marie R. & Smith, Rebekah & Wiens, Brenda, 2015. "An individual-based rurality measure and its health application: A case study of Latino immigrants in North Florida, USA," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 300-308.
- Shareck, Martine & Kestens, Yan & Frohlich, Katherine L., 2014. "Moving beyond the residential neighborhood to explore social inequalities in exposure to area-level disadvantage: Results from the Interdisciplinary Study on Inequalities in Smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 106-114.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2015. "Cultural Diversity - A Matter of Measurement," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1502, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Chan, Dara V. & Gopal, Sucharita & Helfrich, Christine A., 2014. "Accessibility patterns and community integration among previously homeless adults: A Geographic Information Systems (GIS) approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 142-152.
- Malia Jones & Anne Pebley, 2014. "Redefining Neighborhoods Using Common Destinations: Social Characteristics of Activity Spaces and Home Census Tracts Compared," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 727-752, June.
- John Palmer & Thomas Espenshade & Frederic Bartumeus & Chang Chung & Necati Ozgencil & Kathleen Li, 2013. "New Approaches to Human Mobility: Using Mobile Phones for Demographic Research," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(3), pages 1105-1128, June.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vinicius M. Netto & Maíra Soares Pinheiro & Roberto Paschoalino, 2015. "Segregated Networks in the City," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 1084-1102, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-geographical spaces; Activity space; Exposure; Travel diary; C00; R23;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:13:y:2011:i:2:p:127-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.