The Financial Behavior of Emerging Adults: A Family Financial Socialization Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tokunaga, Howard, 1993. "The use and abuse of consumer credit: Application of psychological theory and research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 285-316, June.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- William Elliott & Monique Constance-Huggins & Hyun-a Song, 2013. "Improving College Progress among Low- to Moderate-Income (LMI) Young Adults: The Role of Assets," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 382-399, December.
- Davies, Emma & Lea, Stephen E. G., 1995. "Student attitudes to student debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 663-679, December.
- Carlson, Les & Grossbart, Sanford, 1988. "Parental Style and Consumer Socialization of Children," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 77-94, June.
- Michael A. Busseri & Herbert M. Lefcourt & Robert R. Kerton, 1998. "Locus of Control for Consumer Outcomes: Predicting Consumer Behavior," Working Papers 98007, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2010.
- Tzu-Chin Peng & Suzanne Bartholomae & Jonathan Fox & Garrett Cravener, 2007. "The Impact of Personal Finance Education Delivered in High School and College Courses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 265-284, June.
- Casey Totenhagen & Deborah Casper & Kelsey Faber & Leslie Bosch & Christine Wiggs & Lynne Borden, 2015. "Youth Financial Literacy: A Review of Key Considerations and Promising Delivery Methods," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 167-191, June.
- Ward, Scott, 1974. "Consumer Socialization," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, Se.
- Flouri, Eirini, 2004. "Exploring the relationship between mothers' and fathers' parenting practices and children's materialist values," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 743-752, December.
- Adam Hancock & Bryce Jorgensen & Melvin Swanson, 2013. "College Students and Credit Card Use: The Role of Parents, Work Experience, Financial Knowledge, and Credit Card Attitudes," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 369-381, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryce L. Jorgensen & David B. Allsop & Samuel D. Runyan & Brandan E. Wheeler & David A. Evans & Loren D. Marks, 2019. "Forming Financial Vision: How Parents Prepare Young Adults for Financial Success," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 553-563, September.
- Ji Hyun Kim & Julia Torquati, 2019. "Financial Socialization of College Students: Domain-General and Domain-Specific Perspectives," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 226-236, June.
- Zhu, Alex Yue Feng, 2019. "School financial education and parental financial socialization: Findings from a sample of Hong Kong adolescents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Jonathan G. Kimmes & Stuart J. Heckman, 2017. "Parenting Styles and College Enrollment: A Path Analysis of Risky Human Capital Decisions," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 614-627, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial socialization; Family relationships; Financial behavior; Emerging adults; Attachment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10834-015-9481-0. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.